PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have these mirrors?

onewhippedpuppy
10-03-2005, 02:04 PM
They're by Kamei, similar to the '91 (I think) M5 mirrors. Anyone have pics of a E34 with these? I inherited them with my car, new in the box, and can't decide if I'd rather sell them to finance other stuff, or put them on.

bullyd
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
if u decide to sell em can u please tell me a price shipped to the uk please :p

motuman
10-03-2005, 04:23 PM
They're by Kamei, similar to the '91 (I think) M5 mirrors. Anyone have pics of a E34 with these? I inherited them with my car, new in the box, and can't decide if I'd rather sell them to finance other stuff, or put them on.

That mirror style also comes on the 95 540 M-Sport. I have them on my car and really love the look. Having driven an e34 535 with standard mirrors for a while I did notice that these mirrors are noticeable smaller, and do show a lot less of what is behind you. (And there are a lot more cars BEHIND me in the 540 vs. the 535 :D )

Here is a nice side by side of both styles:

http://www.kindel.com/bmw/album/Image_012.jpg

SharkmanBMW
10-03-2005, 04:42 PM
ahhhhh - widebodies! gotta luv'em.

I prefer the original, but maybe it's just jealousy!

uscharalph
10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
That mirror style also comes on the 95 540 M-Sport. I have them on my car and really love the look. Having driven an e34 535 with standard mirrors for a while I did notice that these mirrors are noticeable smaller, and do show a lot less of what is behind you. (And there are a lot more cars BEHIND me in the 540 vs. the 535 :D )

Here is a nice side by side of both styles:

http://www.kindel.com/bmw/album/Image_012.jpg
I prefer the ones on the right. Still different from mine.

onewhippedpuppy
10-06-2005, 06:54 AM
Now for sale, see the swap meet section.

bullyd I sent you a PM.

rockyfeller
10-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Those Kameis look better. I'd say the originals are functional yes, aerodynamic no! Just drive with your windows down and listen....The whistling I hear from my E34 mirrors is worse than on any car I've owned. I wonder how much drag they cause. The M-style mirror has been copycated so badly. You can get knockoffs with LEDs on Ebay all day for pennies. Then you see similar ones in catalogs for like $300! LOL! Is the quality that much better? The reason I haven't changed mine is that while many retain power function only top-end replacements are heated. Also mounting kits/hardware aren't the greatest. Are those Kameis heated as well?

onewhippedpuppy
10-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes, they are heated. The quality of these looks quite good, and Kamei has a good reputation for quality stuff.