PDA

View Full Version : No such thing as a good E30?

integrale
10-01-2005, 12:39 PM
I know this isn't about 5ers, but a comment in a thread earlier made me think to post this.

Check out this E30 318. If it was a 325 in black, it'd be in my driveway.

http://boston.craigslist.org/car/101102869.html

Interceptor
10-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I know this isn't about 5ers, but a comment in a thread earlier made me think to post this.

Check out this E30 318. If it was a 325 in black, it'd be in my driveway.

http://boston.craigslist.org/car/101102869.html "SuperSprint Italian Stainless steel exhaust system (rust resistant and increases horsepower about 6-8hp" -> LOL!

Btw., the car has been hit in the front, look at the picture, how the front bumper is misaligned and sagging on the sides while to close in the middle, below the grille. Oh yeah, the hood is not aligned either, look near the windscreen.

integrale
10-01-2005, 02:13 PM
The thing that got me was the weird lever on the side of the driver's seat - isn't that the rear seat entry latch for a coupe? I've never looked that closely at an E30...

Also, the texture on the front bumper is too perfect for a 14 year-old car, and it looks like they painted over some rust in the wheel wells.

I always get a chuckle when people say their exhaust bumps up the HP, especially by that much. Everyone knows the only way you get more power is by getting a high flow air filter :)

I don't really see what you mean about the hood, but in any event, the thing'll sell in two days. Notice he's got a 993 and another bimmer (E32 7er?). Good taste, at least.

Interceptor
10-01-2005, 02:57 PM
I always get a chuckle when people say their exhaust bumps up the HP, especially by that much. Everyone knows the only way you get more power is by getting a high flow air filter :)
I hope you're being sarcastic! :)

I don't really see what you mean about the hood, but in any event, the thing'll sell in two days. Notice he's got a 993 and another bimmer (E32 7er?). Good taste, at least.
The lines of the hood and the fender are not aligned - look more closely at the part near the driver's part of the windshield.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
10-01-2005, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=integrale]The thing that got me was the weird lever on the side of the driver's seat - isn't that the rear seat entry latch for a coupe? I've never looked that closely at an E30...
QUOTE]

Seat swap from a 2 door. Probably had grey comfort (read: flat) seats before. The seat on the driver's side is a passenger seat back.

Kalevera
10-01-2005, 04:05 PM
There's a red E30 325iS/2 with a turbo M30 3.3l on eBay right now. Opening bid is $4k. Supposedly has 280rwhp. In Ontario, somewhere.

best, whit

Chris'91'525i
10-01-2005, 05:25 PM
That car reminds me of my old '85 Honda Accord commuter car :)
Much cleaner though !

Qube
10-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Hmmmm perhaps I should post in depth pictures of my car to enter into this 'spot-what's-wrong-with-this-car' game ;)

At a glance, it's nice.

brodee
10-02-2005, 06:08 AM
The seats are sport seats, those weren't offered in the 4-door. They are also leather which means they most likely came from a 325is. The rear seat is also from a 2-door which causes a little issue because the corner isn't rounded off to make it easier to get in.

bahnstormer
10-02-2005, 07:58 AM
i thought the knob was funny

http://krasnoodesign.com/bmw318i/sfw/IMG_1010.jpg

but yeah MPG wise that is a solid deal

brodee
10-02-2005, 08:47 AM
but yeah MPG wise that is a solid deal

You can buy a damn nice '91 318is for that kind of money and have a lot more fun car and much better resale value later.

TheDuke
10-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Actuall I'm thinikin of getting E30 for school. But I want 2 door, or 89 M3.

Rigmaster
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey...I that's not what I said- I did say that NICE E30's, like NICE E34's, were becoming really hard to find.

Funny how you guys can tell that this car has been "hit" in the front by looking at the pics- yeah, they bumper gap is not quite right, bit this could be any number of things, and any severity of "hit". Definitely something to check out before plunking down almost $6k for the car though........same with the hood gap- could be lots of causes, but definitely warrants closer inspection.

For that kind of $$$, I'd expect the car to be almost perfect. Also, not to piss off you guys in salt country- but I would probably steer away from a northern car like that, simple because of the probability of salt-rust. It is no fun working on a car that has spent any time in the salt, many of the nuts + bolts get corrosion welded, and anything with less than perfect corrosion protection gets attacked as well- just not worth it IMHO. It couldn't hurt to check it out though- if you were close by and interested.......

Bret

632 Regal
10-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Amen the salt deal, in the 2 salt winters my car has had its absolutly nothing compared to detroit iron, detroit iron would be dead in 2 winters and mine looks like it never saw salt yet...better steel?

Hey...I that's not what I said- I did say that NICE E30's, like NICE E34's, were becoming really hard to find.

Funny how you guys can tell that this car has been "hit" in the front by looking at the pics- yeah, they bumper gap is not quite right, bit this could be any number of things, and any severity of "hit". Definitely something to check out before plunking down almost $6k for the car though........same with the hood gap- could be lots of causes, but definitely warrants closer inspection.

For that kind of $$$, I'd expect the car to be almost perfect. Also, not to piss off you guys in salt country- but I would probably steer away from a northern car like that, simple because of the probability of salt-rust. It is no fun working on a car that has spent any time in the salt, many of the nuts + bolts get corrosion welded, and anything with less than perfect corrosion protection gets attacked as well- just not worth it IMHO. It couldn't hurt to check it out though- if you were close by and interested.......

Bret

brodee
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
You want to talk about salt damage.. My e30 came from Alaska. I spent 3 hours today just getting the 2 rear subframe brake lines off of it.