PDA

View Full Version : MADE A DUMB MOVE!!!! Need Advise

BMW4LIFE
09-30-2005, 10:22 PM
i was driving the other day and i was the first rain i have seen in months. i wasnt thinking clearly and was still taking corners like it was 90 degrees and the tires were sticking like they should.

long story short i lost control of my car and spun out around a round about and slid onto the curb. my stock side skirt got a little banged up and was wondering if either anyone is selling one at a reasonable price or when i can get one cheap!!!!

thanks

632 Regal
10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
did ya bend the rims too?

BMW4LIFE
10-02-2005, 03:06 PM
did ya bend the rims too?

yea :( ...but i got some rims on ebay for a good price...im thinking of selling my other rims that are still in good shape on ebay...

i might check out the junk yard to see if i can find a nice piece for the side skirt but i sont think ill find it

632 Regal
10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
inspect the other stuff and make sure the front strut tubes arent bent and the suspension arms and crap are good in the rear. A bit of a bump can creat some simplistic but needed repairs.

Ted K
10-02-2005, 10:18 PM
How does it drive? Did it mess up the alignment of the rear?

BMW4LIFE
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
all in all i had to change the front shocks, rims, and the draging link or something like that!!!! it ****ing sucked!!!!!

the car drives moderatly straight but when i went to go get an inspection of the suspension before i bought new tires and did the whole speal the guy told me that the thrust arm bushings were out

i wanna fix try to fix that myself but i dont know how hard its gonna be???? how much do they run???? i dont need the best, its not like the car is exactly new :p but i still love it