PDA

View Full Version : It looks like i can't do it.... I've been driving the 535i

Bill R.
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
around for the last couple of days while i fix a bunch of little details and it looks like i can't bring myself to sell it. So the customers going to be unhappy that i changed my mind on selling it but it still just is too nice to drive to get rid of... so it looks like the prius is going to have to wait awhile...
I came to the same conclusion on my previa last week too though... Had it sold and drove it around for the week while i fixed a number of details and decided i liked it too much to get rid of, so i'm back to square one.. too many cars that i like too much...

uscharalph
09-29-2005, 11:21 PM
around for the last couple of days while i fix a bunch of little details and it looks like i can't bring myself to sell it. So the customers going to be unhappy that i changed my mind on selling it but it still just is too nice to drive to get rid of... so it looks like the prius is going to have to wait awhile...
I came to the same conclusion on my previa last week too though... Had it sold and drove it around for the week while i fixed a number of details and decided i liked it too much to get rid of, so i'm back to square one.. too many cars that i like too much...
Welcome Back!

JAlfredPrufrock
09-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Wowzers...

bahnstormer
09-30-2005, 05:45 AM
http://www.detnews.com/pix/2003/11/05/g03priusmain.jpg

are u still gonna buy that?

billb
09-30-2005, 06:07 AM

...being enjoyed by it's new owner! :)

Welcome back, Bill.

Qube
09-30-2005, 06:11 AM
20 MPG... a small price to pay for the priviledge and companionship of your e34... esp 535!

Gayle
09-30-2005, 06:56 AM
Yeahhhhh

I am so glad we aren't losing you.

And there can never be too many cars, just not enough garage space or time. :p

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-30-2005, 01:02 PM
Excellent Bill, glad your still living in the E34 community. I love my 535 as well. I, like you, get to drive so many nice cars (at the dealership here) and I still can not figure out a replacement for my 535, I just love that car so much. Just powerfull enough and raw enough to be complete joy to drive. The only other consideration is perhaps an E39 M5, but not many of them in my price range, and the verdict is still out on that as I need to test fly another one to be sure.

Jeff N.
09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
...gee... it's almost like a romance novel or something! :)

Derek A.
09-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Until mornings like I had when you have to dump a quart of coolant in for no reason that is visible and the clutch helper spring snaps on your way to work. Oh yeah and I need rear tires and probably front brakes. Snow tires are worn.. Where does the list end?

But if you hit a Michigan round about in second gear and nail it - she does a very pretty power slide - did I mention I needed new tires ?

632 Regal
09-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Looks like a kid on crack painted your sig pic...cool tho

Wowzers...

Zeuk in Oz
09-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Common sense prevails !
You can throw out the beige cardigan now as well ! :D

genphreak
10-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Common sense prevails !
You can throw out the beige cardigan now as well ! :D'On ya' Bill! (As we say in Australia), which is short for good on you..

You will never regret it. It's not worth selling a good 535, they are not worth enough.

I am looking forward to the day she is in my garage good as new and I'm able to burn a 'few hundred dollars worth of gas' on the odd Sunday run... LOL 'cos when we're all driving Priuii life will be pretty lame!

Just ordered another $500 worth of stuff for my 535 actually... just little bits that aren't quite right, the annoyances like clips, seals and leaky power steering resovoirs and so on...

Bill, don't underestimate your encyclopedic knowledge of the car - it makes it a good financial reason to keep it :) Nick

callen
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Bill: I'm it this same predicament....I love my old cars and can't seem to get rid of any......and everytime I see anything with a 3.5L in it for sale, I want to buy it.....ARGHHH sooo I'm spending all my time tinkering on cars..course I like it but....having a trouble free newer car is sooo tempting and at $3.00 a gallon...ARGHHHH think I need therapy.
89 735il
91 535
94 530i

Hector
10-04-2005, 05:19 PM
keep your e34 instead of buying a Prius is to defy Bush from remarks like this

"Americans should be prudent in their use of energy during the course of the next few weeks. Don't buy gas if you don't need it." —George W. Bush

:p