PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak

airhead
09-29-2005, 09:26 AM
:( I think the heater matrix has gone on me e34,i am looseing water and smell antifreeze in the car so i gess that points to that. Now is it a pigs ear to change one of these or just a smiple job and is it a bmw only part or can u find other supplyers.........

genphreak
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
They are not too bad from the stealer. Second hand exists at 1/3 the price, but is a risk. In Aus they are about 100 pounds new, but you also need the two plastic pipes above and o-rings to do it right. Hell to do as your whole dash has to come apart. There are write-ups on www.bmwe34.net and Sean and Johan's pages web pages Holland...

uscharalph
09-29-2005, 06:40 PM
:( I think the heater matrix has gone on me e34,i am looseing water and smell antifreeze in the car so i gess that points to that. Now is it a pigs ear to change one of these or just a smiple job and is it a bmw only part or can u find other supplyers.........
Does your windshield get steamed when you turn on the heater? If so it's probably the heater core. Don't go second hand with a heater core. You don't want to pay for all that labor twice. Replace eveything.