PDA

View Full Version : WOt Question

E34 530
09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
OMFG!!!!! I just discovered the WOT kickswitch on my 530i. I had alwyas known it was there, but never really utilized it before. It delivers such a nice shot of power. Is it bad to use thing every once in a while, like maybe at a stop light about to race someone or something? Thanks for the input.

Qube
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Think of it as a reduce-carbon-buildup-injector-cleaning switch ;) I believe the only way it could ruin your day is your MPG!

E34 530
09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
So your saying its alright to use it every once in a while right, lol. I can't believe the power it delivers.

winfred
09-28-2005, 07:28 PM
it's there to be used, all it really does is tell the tranny to down shift and while you are on the switch to extend the shift longer, so i guess you don't know about sport mode? pull the shifter back one position past drive and that's sport, higher shift points sometimes right at the redline depending on the gear you are in and no overdrive

uscharalph
09-28-2005, 07:30 PM
OMFG!!!!! I just discovered the WOT kickswitch on my 530i. I had alwyas known it was there, but never really utilized it before. It delivers such a nice shot of power. Is it bad to use thing every once in a while, like maybe at a stop light about to race someone or something? Thanks for the input.
With the price of gas, I find myself using it less and less.

632 Regal
09-28-2005, 07:32 PM
downshift kick is cool! i use it most everyday.

E34 530
09-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Sick!!!!! I can't wait to get next to some of my friend's now because they think the car is soooooo slow, which it kinda is but I still love her. Top end speed isn't bad and I can easily take them at like 130+. By the way, I know about the sport mode, but I am a bit weary to use it because it puts a tremendous amount of unnecessary pressure and stress on the tranny.

genphreak
09-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Sick!!!!! I can't wait to get next to some of my friend's now because they think the car is soooooo slow, which it kinda is but I still love her. Top end speed isn't bad and I can easily take them at like 130+. By the way, I know about the sport mode, but I am a bit weary to use it because it puts a tremendous amount of unnecessary pressure and stress on the tranny.Just chg the tranny oil more regularly than u should and get a a new filter for it every 2-3rd change. That should look after it so long as u use it rather than abuse it. :) Nick

granit_silber
09-29-2005, 07:08 AM
What switch?!?

Iknow, I'm an idiot!
-ashley

Alexlind123
09-29-2005, 07:17 AM
After the pedal hits something at the end of its travel, push a little more and the transmission will "up to a certain speed range, the next lower ratio is selected to provide improved acceleration. The next upward shift does not take place until a much higher engine speed has been reached." Also: "The accelerator pedal can be depressed beyond the full-throttle position by overcoming a detent". Wonderous things can be discovered from the owners manual :D.

Qsilver7
09-29-2005, 08:39 AM
What switch?!?

Iknow, I'm an idiot!
-ashley
Geez...it it really that difficult to read the owners manaul! :D ;) Although you have the inline 6 and his is a V8 w/ 5-speed auto tranny....

(note the paragraph about "Kickdown" in the first column in pic below)

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/739000-739999/739005_45_full.jpg

granit_silber
09-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Wonderous things can be discovered from the owners manual :D.

Are you kidding? My first day with the E34 it took me 20 minutes of reading to figure out how to unlock the freakin trunk!

-ashley
:p

Alexlind123
09-29-2005, 02:39 PM
My car did not come with a manual, i have downloaded one and it is not the same as the one above. That one sounds much better, the "technology" part sounds like an interesting read. Speaking of trunks...my car key will not unlock the trunk from the trunk, the trunk lock works as it is supposed to with the central locking system. Doesnt really matter i suppose...all the same it would be rather nice.

genphreak
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Is is really a slug when in normal operation?

Perhaps if kickdown is making a **massive** difference your Fuel injection electronics is not working optimally.

It might be that you only getting good perfromance at WOT then maybe the ICV, MAF or some of the sensors are not working quite right or the intake system is not sealed.

I would have thought that the car would not be a slug naturally- off the showroom floor they need to move, but as parts wear or go off setting/faulty all that changes... How's the economy?

I believe when the WOT switch is activated the DME ignores a few inputs. Of course it might just be a simple thing like an accelerator adjustment...

Just a thought.

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-29-2005, 05:39 PM
NOS type of switch on the shift knob, just punch that sucker whenever you wanted a shot of high RPM torque.

This was an old Mazda Rx2, and that kind driving with a rotary was screaming at 8k RPM