PDA

View Full Version : E34 Illuminated shift knob?

jplacson
03-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Hey! Does anyone know the part number for the OEM E34 Illuminated 5-speed manual shift knob? I've found the ones for the M5, but I was hoping for just a plain 5-speed pattern, without the M logo or stripes (I don't have an M5 or even a big 6, so I'd rather not have one with the logo...might just make me drive faster! hahahaha)

Thanks!

Rory
03-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey! Does anyone know the part number for the OEM E34 Illuminated 5-speed manual shift knob? I've found the ones for the M5, but I was hoping for just a plain 5-speed pattern, without the M logo or stripes (I don't have an M5 or even a big 6, so I'd rather not have one with the logo...might just make me drive faster! hahahaha)

Thanks!
Hi,

The //M logo on the shift knob will add 12 HP and the //M stripes only add 5 HP. I went the stripe route on my 5 :)

Seriously though, I do not think that BMW makes an illuminated knob without either, but if they do it would be on an E46 or E39. Your best bet is probably the //M stripes as it was a standard knob on E30's with the sports package I believe. I don't think it looks out of place and when it lights up only the pattern is lit and not the stripes. Nick Alexander BMW out in LA (800.800.Nick) had the best prices a couple years ago. My wife got it for me for $62 shipped.

Good Luck,
Rory

jplacson
03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
hahahahahahaha!!!! :) good one! Would you happen to have the part number for the one with just the stripes? I live in the Philippines, and have to source it through the dealers here. Just want to make sure they get it... if I ask, they are normally a bit too lazy to check for a part number. Thanks!