PDA

View Full Version : on my way to the stealer to pick up my new ride...

SharkmanBMW
09-28-2005, 11:02 AM
2003 330Xi pics coming sooon.

I am keeping the 540i for now, the 330xi is a lease for 5 months that I got a deal on, if I like it - I buy it, if not, I still have the 540!
(Unless I sell it for a good price, but by the look of the '95 540 that is at $4500, I may as well keep it!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995... QcmdZViewItem

DanDombrowski
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey,

glad to hear you found one you like. I can't get to ebay at work, so I'm going to ask you some redundant questions you probably don't want to answer...

What are you paying for it as a lease? (if you don't mind me asking)
Is it the auto or 5spd?

I've been looking around for a convertible 330ci with a 5 speed, but the dealer in town says they hardly ever get a 5spd in the pre-owned sales. I think they just didn't want to deal with someone my age, but who knows. Hope it turns out well for you!

SharkmanBMW
09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey,

glad to hear you found one you like. I can't get to ebay at work, so I'm going to ask you some redundant questions you probably don't want to answer...

What are you paying for it as a lease? (if you don't mind me asking)
Is it the auto or 5spd?

I've been looking around for a convertible 330ci with a 5 speed, but the dealer in town says they hardly ever get a 5spd in the pre-owned sales. I think they just didn't want to deal with someone my age, but who knows. Hope it turns out well for you!

5 speed, premium package, top model. The previous owner was paying $1000 Canadian a month for the last 31 months, I pay the last 5 and get $1000 refund at the end, so it costs me $4k until april 1, 2006.
Then I return it or buy it.
This way I get to try it, and store my 540 for the winter!

DanDombrowski
09-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Wow.....678US a month overall then. Not too bad for a short term lease. I was looking at buying some 01s for about 25k US and trying to keep my payments below $450 a month with a good amount down, but in the end I decided it would be better to put that money towards real estate. Some 330i convertible is now crying out there, wishing I would have taken her home, I know. I don't think I could ever justify almost $700 a month on a car, but I'm also young and haven't been working for that long.

On the plus side, you could roast though half the tires in 5 months and turn it back in, and they probably wont notice :)

SRR2
09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
What's the residual value of the car?

You raise an interestng point about the tires. Typically the leasee is expected to turn the car back with acceptable tires. If Sharkman has the car handed to him with dicey tires he could very well get stuck with paying for a whole new set for his four-month usage. He should get this part of the deal in writing. Generally speaking he should get a *very* detailed inspection of the vehicle in writing, otherwise he runs the risk of getting stuck with problems caused by the guy who had it for 31 months.

Alexlind123
09-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Sounds like alot of fun! :) Maybe this way you can keep your 540 to show your grandchildren.

SharkmanBMW
09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
What's the residual value of the car?

You raise an interestng point about the tires. Typically the leasee is expected to turn the car back with acceptable tires. If Sharkman has the car handed to him with dicey tires he could very well get stuck with paying for a whole new set for his four-month usage. He should get this part of the deal in writing. Generally speaking he should get a *very* detailed inspection of the vehicle in writing, otherwise he runs the risk of getting stuck with problems caused by the guy who had it for 31 months.

Very good advice!
and all taken care of with a contract stating PO will cover the 2 minor flaws he inflicted if BMW cares. (a small tear in the rear seat, a scuff really, and a almost invisible ding on the rear door.)
The tires are JUST enough to turn them in, so I will put them aside immediately, and we split a set of used that will last until snow falls, and he gave me 3 winters that are good for 1 more year... but I may get a set of 16" alloy wheels and different tires for winter.

buyback is 28k canadian

SharkmanBMW
09-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Sounds like alot of fun! :) Maybe this way you can keep your 540 to show your grandchildren.

Wow, I have no kids, let alone grand kiddies!
I doubt the 540 will be around that long! (I don't have that much $$$ to keep it that long!!!)

I will give a report in a few days - I need to read the manual!

Alexlind123
09-28-2005, 07:56 PM
put the 540i in the garage under a dust cover and take it for a spin on the driveway once a month. :D