PDA

View Full Version : Tranny help needed

crashnburn80
09-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Reverse is gone in my 535i manual tranny, and 3rd gear synchro is slightly worn. I need to replace the tranny but I am having a really hard time locating a good used one. I ordered one from Bavarian Engine exhange but after waiting 5 weeks turns out all the ones they have are bad. :( Any sugestions? I'm located in the Seattle area but willing to ship from anywhere in the US. An M5 tranny upgrade wouldnt hurt either.

632 Regal
09-27-2005, 03:30 PM
theres a few good guys on here that might have what your looking for, be patient for a few and Im sure something will turn up.

Kalevera
09-27-2005, 05:48 PM
The Getrag 280 will cost somewhere on the order of $1 to $3k, depending on condition and if you can find one. They mostly go with the S38s when sold.

I'll reserve judgement on the people at Bavarian Engine Exchange, but the fact remains -- it's very hard to find a manual M30 e34 trans. There weren't many produced, and they're hot items. One alternative is to get one from an E28 (plentiful) and have a custom driveshaft made. One member recently did that in converting his car.

best, whit

crashnburn80
09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Interesting idea modifying the drive shaft, that may be reserved for a last ditch effort. Anyone with any recycling yard recomendations or any ideas?

Elekta
09-28-2005, 07:39 PM
call saliya at euromcars...he might be able to help you out. I bought my t-stars from him

http://www.euromcars.com/