PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had bad thrust arms again!

Black 535i
09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
I noticed a very bad vibration the last two weeks with my car and the steering wheel was actually dancing in my hands at 55-58 mph. I thought this was the thrust arms again but I just had them done two years ago. Went to a very good wheel shop and they balanced the wheels and guess what-the shimmy is gone! Before you shell out big bucks for the repairs, get your wheels balanced properly and with a good machine. Just a thought to consider.

Kalevera
09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
It's not just the wheels -- bad or unevenly worn tires will do this, as well. Ask me how I know :)

best, whit

Mendozart
09-27-2005, 08:05 PM
I noticed a very bad vibration the last two weeks with my car and the steering wheel was actually dancing in my hands at 55-58 mph. I thought this was the thrust arms again but I just had them done two years ago. Went to a very good wheel shop and they balanced the wheels and guess what-the shimmy is gone! Before you shell out big bucks for the repairs, get your wheels balanced properly and with a good machine. Just a thought to consider.
Checking the tires/wheels is always the first step for shimmy problems. Usually the thrust arms cause the shimmy during braking.