PDA

View Full Version : Door Brake information please

GJPinAU
09-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Does anyone have a reference to repairs on the door brake? Mine decided to break in the door frame, below the A pillar not in the door.
cheers,
Greg

mattyb
09-27-2005, 03:40 AM
i trying to remember so hard who it was, there was a fix for this some while ago, maybe b4 the crash. from memory it wasnt a big drama. I'll keep thinking

Randell
09-27-2005, 05:51 AM
take the bloody thing out and leave it off! my front passenger door has been brake-less for about 6 months now... it got so bad the whole door felt like it was dropping, with a huge clunk in each brake position... the skin on the door was was totally stuffed, so i ripped the door brake out.. the lower bolt was stuck and i had to drill the bastard out (an absolute mission)

but once it was off... ahhh.. silence and smoothness... i still haven't replaced it, i was gonna fix the skin and make my own reenforcement plate, but noone is bothered by it.. it opens to almost 90 degrees when it gets stopped by the two hinges, and will gently close on you if you're leaning in to get something, but it's better than before

it's strange that you've had the skin split on the car itself and not the door... are there any traces of rust there? a lot of people use JB Weld (kmart) to fix torn door skins, and i'd assume you could use the same on the other area of contact.. Koala Motorsport (?URL?) make a reenforcement plate that you can put on the door side, but not for the other side.. it would be cheaper to make one yourself though

shogun
09-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Here, reinforced ones from Koala Motorsport
http://www.koalamotorsport.com/