PDA

View Full Version : Now on the 'bay -- for all you 8 series enthusiasts

Kalevera
09-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Pop a boner over this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4578362079

I have a knack for finding messed up cars on eBay -- thief steals ONLY the vin plate?! WTF?!

Anyone wanna buy it for me? :)

best, whit

angrypancake
09-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Man, I don't think that's that far from my house. I think I'll go over there and see if the guy will let me take it for a test drive. Yeah right, 19 year old kid behind the wheel of a 6 speed v-12

genphreak
09-26-2005, 10:46 PM

I have a knack for finding messed up cars on eBay -- thief steals ONLY the vin plate?! WTF?!

best, whitWhat kinda pansi-ass theif goes round lasering out VIN numbers? Sounds plain dumb to me. Very very dodgey. I bet the whole car was successfully taken but later recovered in some chop shop half re-birthed... and this I'd guess is probably the bad half :) Nick

uscharalph
09-26-2005, 11:39 PM

best, whit
Pretty wild story. That'd be some car though!

mattyb
09-27-2005, 03:35 AM
youd have to be looking at 40-50 grand au for that. the whole vin plate thing turns me right off it though.gimme the v12 however and i'd shuv her right in the e34.

632 Regal
09-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Driver side quarter doesnt match the rest of the side, do them seats look rough or is it my eyes this morning?

Rigmaster
09-27-2005, 06:08 AM
best, whit

Alright Whit, this phrase confirms to me that you ARE an old man trapped in a young man's body!!! ;) ;) ;)

Bret.

DanDombrowski
09-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Man, this isn't fair, all this ebay stuff and I'm blocked from it at work.

So quick and dirty - whats messed up with the car?

azale
09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Nothing is wrong with the car. It is in fabulous shape. Who knows what is going on. All I know is that this is a first time seller with 0 feedback. But he has a great grasp of the english language so if he is foreign, he's fooling me.

MBXB
09-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Back seats look rougher than the front.

Driver side quarter doesnt match the rest of the side, do them seats look rough or is it my eyes this morning?

Kalevera
09-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Alright Whit, this phrase confirms to me that you ARE an old man trapped in a young man's body!!! ;) ;) ;)

Bret.
Bret, now what does that mean?! :)

By the way, I was talking about you earlier today. Pete -- the other tech at work -- is looking for a good E30 subframe. Conveniently, everything on our parts cars is either spoken for or bad/bent. I told him you might be able to cut a deal. So, be on the lookout for an email from him.

best, whit

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
There was a white one going for 13k in my area a few months ago.

Had to hide my check book until it disappeared from the newspapers.

Man.....I didn't have to really talk myself out of working on a V12.

Rigmaster
09-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Bret, now what does that mean?! :)

By the way, I was talking about you earlier today. Pete -- the other tech at work -- is looking for a good E30 subframe. Conveniently, everything on our parts cars is either spoken for or bad/bent. I told him you might be able to cut a deal. So, be on the lookout for an email from him.

best, whit

Whit,

well, it means that when we were exchanging emails about E34 parts a while ago- I got the impression that you were in your 50's or something, and- based on your informative posts about fixing stuff, I thought you had been at this (working on BMW's) for quite some time. Then when I met you in person, those preconceived notions made it seem like you were even younger than you actually are!!

The "pop a boner" comment just strikes me as being funny- sort of the thing you'd hear a bunch of old coots saying when a sweet young girl passed by....

I've got a few E30 subframes around here- tell your guy to be sure to get in touch with me. I've crushed 5 E30's and E21's in the last 2 weeks though- scrap prices were at an all time high last week!!! I've got one on the trailer right now, ready to go get crushed in the AM.

Bret.

McWatters
09-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow almost orgasmic. I love those things dirty or not.

And just imagining how much insurance would cost for that babe makes me quiver inside.

cheers

J.McWatters

Kalevera
09-27-2005, 08:13 PM
There was a white one going for 13k in my area a few months ago.

Had to hide my check book until it disappeared from the newspapers.

Man.....I didn't have to really talk myself out of working on a V12.
What's so hard about working on a V12? Troubleshooting's a breeze. Seals are a pain, if they ever need to be done. Hardest thing about them, in my opinion, is working on the power steering. That and those damn coolant/heater hoses at the rear of the block.

best, whit