PDA

View Full Version : Someone knows this. Re: Strut bearings

Dave M
03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
I'm ordering springs (would like to give Intrax a try) and the distributor has informed me that there is a difference in model years. The If so, are the strut bearings different? I was told that Eibach produces two different sets for the e34. The Intrax product list, however, only shows one PN.
Any input would be much appreciated as I'm expecting the shocks/struts from BMA any day and would like to get the springs ordered ASAP. I know, I'll go and check Bav Autos site, kill some time.

Thanks again and again and again....

Dave M

moots
03-02-2004, 04:39 AM
I'm ordering springs (would like to give Intrax a try) and the distributor has informed me that there is a difference in model years. The If so, are the strut bearings different? I was told that Eibach produces two different sets for the e34. The Intrax product list, however, only shows one PN.
Any input would be much appreciated as I'm expecting the shocks/struts from BMA any day and would like to get the springs ordered ASAP. I know, I'll go and check Bav Autos site, kill some time.

Thanks again and again and again....

Dave M

If you're talking about the front absorber top mount,then there are two types where one,the damper mount hole is bigger in diameter than the other.This only is applicable if you're changing the damper.If you only want to change the springs,then the spring seat diameter is standard on all e34s.
I don't know any part number as I know this from my personal experience.