PDA

View Full Version : bought a 535 parts car

skr
09-26-2005, 02:42 PM
it's a shame i have to part it but hey, thats life. around here if a car's over 8 years old u can't register it :( It has been brought from germany, doesn't have a door, left headlights, fogs, trunk lid , etc. got it for 400 euro and another 100 for transport, so i figure it's a good deal. anyway for now it's stored in a garage at a friend. i allso have a '79 e21 316, smashed front end but no serious damage. bought it as a project, maybee sell it after it's done.
but here comes what i keep thinking abou the last few days:
-one operational 535 engine and tranny
-one e21
i know it's a really big project and probably not worth it and will involve all possible kind of modifications to the e21, but hey, if hartge did it ,it can be done.
Does anybody know of anyone who did the swap? Any source of info will be greatly appreciated. right now i got 3 numbers in my head , repeating over and over : 335 :D
i know a guy that has a 3.5 in a e30, he can help, and i allso have the possibility to manufacture a shorter drive shaft in a profesional way. all the electronics will come off the e34, so it doesn't worry me to much. my main worry is the level of modifications that the engine bay will have to suffer in order to acomodate the bigger engine, chassis reinforcements, etc

sorry for the long and very OT post ,but i just had to ask, hope you guys have any sort of info on the swap.

thanks

Lennyz525i
09-26-2005, 02:51 PM
it's a shame i have to part it but hey, thats life. around here if a car's over 8 years old u can't register it :(

Where and why is that?

skr
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
eastern europe, romania

Maximabello
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
This site may help, mostly e30's though.

http://www.e30.de/335i/00.htm

Interceptor
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Where and why is that?
He meant that you cannot import & register a car that's older than 8 years. You can only import it for parts. It's similar here, in Croatia.

Garlic Breath
09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
He meant that you cannot import & register a car that's older than 8 years. You can only import it for parts. It's similar here, in Croatia.

Why is that I wonder?

Interceptor
09-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Why is that I wonder?
Emissions regulations. All cars from 1995/96 and older are considered "dirty" by today's standards.