PDA

View Full Version : stock radio security light with beeping?

Russell
09-25-2005, 03:13 PM
My stock radio security light beeped while flashing with door open and key out of ignition. Close the door and beeping stopped but light flashes. The light normally fashes without the key in the ignition.

I locked, double locked and unlocked the car (using the remote) with no change. Started car and it no longer beeped with key out of ignition. This is the first time I have noticed this in the 2.5 years I have owned the car.

What happened here? TIA

Rigmaster
09-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Hmm, did you bump the radio knob or any of the buttons while the radio was turned off?? On many BMW OEM radios this will cause the alarm to beep, I guess it's designed to alert a potential thief that it's a coded radio (??).

The only way I know to make it stop beeping is to turn the radio on, then when you turn it off, the beeping should go off.

AFAIK, the red light is suppose to flash anytime the key is out of the ignition- again, sort of a warning to potential thieves.

YMMV, YGWYPF.

Bret

winfred
09-25-2005, 06:03 PM
cycling the key in the ignition usually shuts it up, probably bumped a button with the ignition off and it got pissed

Russell
09-25-2005, 06:57 PM
I think I may have bumped the radio as I was vacumning the interior when It came on. Learn something new about this car all the time. I hate to think how complicated the e39 and especially the e60 must be. :(

Hmm, did you bump the radio knob or any of the buttons while the radio was turned off?? On many BMW OEM radios this will cause the alarm to beep, I guess it's designed to alert a potential thief that it's a coded radio (??).

The only way I know to make it stop beeping is to turn the radio on, then when you turn it off, the beeping should go off.

AFAIK, the red light is suppose to flash anytime the key is out of the ignition- again, sort of a warning to potential thieves.

YMMV, YGWYPF.

Bret

uscharalph
09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
My stock radio security light beeped while flashing with door open and key out of ignition. Close the door and beeping stopped but light flashes. The light normally fashes without the key in the ignition.

I locked, double locked and unlocked the car (using the remote) with no change. Started car and it no longer beeped with key out of ignition. This is the first time I have noticed this in the 2.5 years I have owned the car.

What happened here? TIA
My beeps when the CD advance button sticks a little and I turn off the car. I have to turn the ignition back on and correct the slight sticking problem.