PDA

View Full Version : Stop Archiveing!!!!!

pyro
09-23-2005, 12:55 PM
NEEDS to stop because something that is on the seccond page just got archived and now i cant post in it... EX we were still discussing.

pyro
09-23-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=86913&mode=linear#post86913

Correction its on the 1st page!!!

Rigmaster
09-23-2005, 01:45 PM
OK, I have to agree with Pyro on this. While we REALLY appreciate the efforts of the new moderators, I think the whole idea was to let a thread run it's course- then when it stopped getting any action and rolled down to the 4th or 5th page, it was time to archive it so it would still be easily accessible.

On another note- I noticed that a thread I started that was not much more than a post of 2 CD Changers I had FS has been archived- but I'm not sure why as it had no real interesting info in it other than the FS post....... I was under the impression that the stuff to be archived should have some interesting and/or useful info in it, right???? Again, I'm not complaining- I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. Maybe we need to have a mission statement for the mods to help out with what should or should not be archived?

Bret.

shogun
09-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Same happened tp my posting
"clips f. rear door window switches, where to get? "

Within 1-2 hours it was in archives. Here In can not see how many people repled otr viewed it. just - -

And as there is no answer so far, why should it be worth to be archived?

dacoyote
09-23-2005, 02:16 PM
NEEDS to stop because something that is on the seccond page just got archived and now i cant post in it... EX we were still discussing.

I agree... I started on page 405? and have been working my way back to today...at about page 300 now... archives are archives....

-Charles

shogun
09-23-2005, 02:31 PM
And I even cannot get and answer to my question. The thing was closed within 1-2 hours!!
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14356

Click on "post reply" and you will see, you cannot answer.

632 Regal
09-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Pure Anarchy!

Gayle
09-23-2005, 06:29 PM
I agree... I started on page 405? and have been working my way back to today...at about page 300 now... archives are archives....

-Charles

Oh my god Charles.

I thought I was obsessive compulsive. Are you really going through all the threads from the beginning of time?!?!?!

I would not have believed it except I just looked at all the areas to see when the last post to the threads were. All of the areas except two, the last posts to the threads are around 9-3. Your area the last post is 2-24. You are clearly innocent of thread snatching. And there is one area with approximately 45 threads with post dates following 9-3. Enough said. So those of you that are p*$$ed, don't blame the moderators.

mattyb
09-23-2005, 07:50 PM
I archived for a day and started from the back. i stopped pretty much straight away cause i could see this happening. so only if to be guilty is that i am dragging my feet plus ive had a few big cases lately and dont have time to search. If i am ever to slow tell me, same for too fast tell me

mattyb
09-23-2005, 08:10 PM
I archived for a day and started from the back. i stopped pretty much straight away cause i could see this happening. so only if to be guilty is that i am dragging my feet plus ive had a few big cases lately and dont have time to search. If i am ever to slow tell me, same for too fast tell me

pyro
09-23-2005, 08:58 PM
to bad we cant catorigise "archive" with out closing the thread...

billb
09-23-2005, 09:16 PM
...but I have also begun working from the back, and even sorting by threads older than a year that contain the words suspension or steering. I'll do my very best to only put useful stuff in there that is NOT ACTIVE!

shogun
09-23-2005, 09:39 PM
when all is archived. I will just show this pic :D
http://schnapsbrennerei.rsdv.de/misc/homer_search.jpg

uscharalph
09-23-2005, 11:01 PM
when all is archived. I will just show this pic :D
http://schnapsbrennerei.rsdv.de/misc/homer_search.jpg
Very Nice, Shogun!!

uscharalph
09-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I don't think anything should be archived till it reached the 4th or 5th page.

liquidtiger720
09-23-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't think anything should be archived till it reached the 4th or 5th page.

even the montly joke's page?

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-24-2005, 06:14 AM
to bad we cant catorigise "archive" with out closing the thread...

I can open the archives for replies, but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the archives. I'm in discussion with some of the new moderators, and I've also moved some of the threads back to the original forum. No worries, your response here is well appreciated, and we will work through the growing pains towards ultimate success!

Gayle
09-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Other moderators

It seems to me the problem is how can we keep track of a good thread to archive later when posting to it dies out without forgetting about it, losing it, etc. I just have one thread that I am waiting for it to get stale. I bookmarked it in my brouser with label "archive this in oct". I also just decided to try the thread subscription tool which I have never used before. Any of you guys got any ideas on other ways to remember threads to archive a month later?

Bill R

You initially expressed concerns that us newbies would archive stuff that was not technically correct or of inferrior quality. How is that playing out? I know it is early, as Charles in his thoroughness has reviewed the threads between page 405 and 300, but does it seem the good threads you had tucked away in the back of your amazing store of information are making it to the archives? Are there any threads in there that should not be? Please tell us.

Everyone else

This is a group project. Have you told the moderators about any especially informative thread that should be there and is not? I have had people pm suggestions on tweaking the archives like miscategorized threads. Now the names of the moderators are associated with the categories (small print under the category) so that you know who to contact. All suggestions welcome.

Any Charles--if you find any good "nugget" threads in your comprehensive read please let me know. I feel like such a slacker after learning about your methodical search.

dacoyote
09-24-2005, 08:00 AM
....Any of you guys got any ideas on other ways to remember threads to archive a month later?....

When I get to within 10 pages... I will start to worry....

....Any Charles--if you find any good "nugget" threads in your comprehensive read please let me know. I feel like such a slacker after learning about your methodical search.

Sure

-Charles

pyro
09-24-2005, 10:09 AM
i hope you guys don't htink im slow but i just started at page 25 and went to around 15.. i wouldn't wnat to mess up what someone elts was talking about..

Bill R.
09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
you have been working on yet...

Other moderators

It seems to me the problem is how can we keep track of a good thread to archive later when posting to it dies out without forgetting about it, losing it, etc. I just have one thread that I am waiting for it to get stale. I bookmarked it in my brouser with label "archive this in oct". I also just decided to try the thread subscription tool which I have never used before. Any of you guys got any ideas on other ways to remember threads to archive a month later?

Bill R

You initially expressed concerns that us newbies would archive stuff that was not technically correct or of inferrior quality. How is that playing out? I know it is early, as Charles in his thoroughness has reviewed the threads between page 405 and 300, but does it seem the good threads you had tucked away in the back of your amazing store of information are making it to the archives? Are there any threads in there that should not be? Please tell us.

Everyone else

This is a group project. Have you told the moderators about any especially informative thread that should be there and is not? I have had people pm suggestions on tweaking the archives like miscategorized threads. Now the names of the moderators are associated with the categories (small print under the category) so that you know who to contact. All suggestions welcome.

Any Charles--if you find any good "nugget" threads in your comprehensive read please let me know. I feel like such a slacker after learning about your methodical search.