PDA

View Full Version : Buying Foglight bulb

nealf
09-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Where can I buy these? The littlw bulb for the foglight? I think it is an osram? Do the local stores such as auto zone and pep boys have them or just the stealer and the foreign parts stores? thanks.

uscharalph
09-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Where can I buy these? The littlw bulb for the foglight? I think it is an osram? Do the local stores such as auto zone and pep boys have them or just the stealer and the foreign parts stores? thanks.
I believe I got one at Pep Boys. My best advice is to take the bulb and your owner's manual into the store to ensure you get the correct bulb. Compare the new bulb to the old one before you buy it.

Rigmaster
09-20-2005, 09:43 AM

Yes, Pep Boys, autozone, etc should have them- I've even seen them at WalMart (!!). Take a look at the silver base of the bulb BEFORE you buy a new one, it should have the info you need to make sure you get the correct bulb. You will see the name of the bulb maker (Osram, sylvania, etc) a watt rating (something like 55w) and the generic bulb type (in this case- I think it should be "H1"). The important part is the "H1"- as long as you get a new bulb with this number, you're all set.

Bret.

timeout
09-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I've heard that using different brand bulbs may result in fault messages on the dash, due to different resistance values. I myself got error messages regarding brakes, licence and low beam when the bulbs had turned a little black (but still working). Replaced the lot with new Osram, and no fault reports since. Happy it wasn't the light control module.