PDA

View Full Version : OT: Got my iPod Nano! Its small!.

emw525E34
09-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Could not wait to open the package. A black 2GB model as the 4GB had a wait queue ... Such a sweet package. Just suit my use : 1.4Gb music & 400MB podcasts. Ideal little thing to have besides a cellphone and a wizz-bang PC!. :p

uscharalph
09-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Could not wait to open the package. A black 2GB model as the 4GB had a wait queue ... Such a sweet package. Just suit my use : 1.4Gb music & 400MB podcasts. Ideal little thing to have besides a cellphone and a wizz-bang PC!. :p
Congrats!

liquidtiger720
09-20-2005, 08:33 AM
I just saw a prototype one...of something else they are making...heheheehehe. I love apple engineer's.

Jay 535i
09-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it.

I love my iPod 20GB. I've owned other small and big MP3 players, and none of them comes close to touching the usability of the iPod. I say that as a usability expert -- not as an Apple nut. It just rocks.

The ability to carry my whole music collection -- once consisting of an eight-pound book of CDs -- in my pocket is priceless.

xphilter
09-20-2005, 09:11 AM
sweeeeet I am trying to convert my wife into an iPod user (so i can buy her a nano for myself heh)...right now I have a 40 gig with a pioneer deck with ipod control...its sweet. the user interface sucks but i do it just for the sound and ability to change tracks.

granit_silber
09-20-2005, 10:55 AM

Ok, I'm jealous! :) I've wanted an iPod since the were first released!
-ashley

Alan_525i
09-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I ordered my 4GB nano (white) the day they came out. I really believe that it has been the most satisfying piece of electronics I have ever bought. From the functionality to the interface to the aesthetics, I have not one complaint. It makes my Razr/IBM T42/Digital Rebel look like second rate products. No joke!

Jeff N.
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
I just picked up one. It is sweet.

So small I'm terrified I'll run it thru the washing machine or something.

Qube
09-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Holy jeeze! I'm going to pick up a black one tomorrow!

emw525E34
09-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Yeah guys, it rocks alright. I got it not primarily for music but for PotCasts!. Changed my life in terms of being far more "in touch" with things in the Internet or on the other side of the world.
Those debates/radio talk shows in Opensource.org rocks, stayed up late at night just to finish the podcast. Wonderful, it only rates second to my BMW in terms of satisfaction of ownership.
It does basically what it is designed to do very well. So seamless, the click-wheel is like our steering wheel. Turn click and enjoy. Fantastic stuff.

Apple + BMW + driver = Great combination.

Qube
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Sweet mother of... this thing is SMALL! ... and COLOR SCREEN! I can't wait to see how much battery life this thing can do!

Unfortunately I got the white 4GB version. When the black one is in stock again I'll exchange.

EDIT: Damn. Apple packs a punch. I'm thinking where to use those two decals they included in the box ;) Perhaps on the bimmer?

EDIT2: Now I'm afraid to remove the protective plastic wrapping on it... scratches!

EDIT3: HEY! Sharepod doesn't work with it! BOO!

Alan_525i
09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
You really want a black one? Its sooo not apple. Not to mention it will show scratches and fingerprints much more.

Qube
09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Update: Sharepod works. It just doesn't work if you have no songs on it yet ;)

EDIT: Not to mention black will match the interior of the car (trying to justify purchase......) and and and it will match my Black Razr

EDIT2: 4GB isn't much... I have a 2GB SD card in the car deck :( Damn, I can't justify owning it!

Dan in NZ
09-22-2005, 04:23 AM
The nano is top of my christmas list.... black or white, tough choice!