PDA

View Full Version : OT: funny how everything happens the same...

pyro
09-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Well i was in history class today reading the good old history book and it dawnd on me that how the forum has alot to do incomon with history of power and like the formation of the us government... I know kinda random just wanted to know if anyone elts agreed with me.

Derek A.
09-19-2005, 04:46 PM
huh ???

uscharalph
09-19-2005, 04:56 PM
huh ???
I thought it was just me??

Lennyz525i
09-19-2005, 05:21 PM
I thought it was just me??

lol! I said "huh?" as soon as I was done reading it to.

I think elaboration is needed.

pyro
09-19-2005, 05:30 PM
yah so do I... Ummm what i was tring to say is like some times theres a guy that causes problems in the forum. And in history there was a guy who causes problems but then he ether dies or just dissipears. i don't know haha. I guess it was a half baked idea. made sence when i thought about it

Jay 535i
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
yah so do I... Ummm what i was tring to say is like some times theres a guy that causes problems in the forum. And in history there was a guy who causes problems but then he ether dies or just dissipears. i don't know haha. I guess it was a half baked idea. made sence when i thought about it

It's human nature to devour or destory those that annoy us. :)

Gayle
09-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I think you are on to something. You are just too deep. What specifically were you reading in history that reminded you of this forum? Who died or disappeared?

I thought it was pretty interesting the way a variety of people tried to educate he who should not be named again on the rules of civilized behavior here. And when he just wouldn't be civilized, the community collectively rose up and did an off with his head. And it was for the greater good. Defend the homeland against the barbarians.

pyro
09-19-2005, 09:31 PM
well were doing american revolution... and kind of like brittin and the no taxation w/ no rep. in parlament jsut the whole revolt thing going on kinda reminded me of who should never be named and how we all brought him to justice (or soo i think)

mattyb
09-20-2005, 04:22 AM
yes and no. theres a lot newbies about isnt there. whilst your studying history and thinkin bimmers, find out who said keep thy friends close and thy enemies closer. he who cannot be named might be amongst us allready, again!

Derek A.
09-20-2005, 04:38 AM
huh ?

Gayle
09-20-2005, 05:36 AM
yes and no. theres a lot newbies about isnt there. whilst your studying history and thinkin bimmers, find out who said keep thy friends close and thy enemies closer. he who cannot be named might be amongst us allready, again!

Maybe, but a person can change their name but I would recognize that voice anywhere...even in type and I don't think he can change that. He can lurk but if he shoots off his mouth he will die a second death.

mikell
09-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Read Shakespeare if you want to know about life. Read bimmer.info if you want to know about BMW's.

Gayle
09-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Pyro--I was thinking about how this forum is sort of like high school all over again. I sort of envision people in cliques, not in a bad way, but subgroups held together by geography, interests, habits, whatever. And the groups sort of have personalities. Here are some of the groups that came to mind. Membership in one group does not exclude membership in another group.

The young invincables--you guys that are 16 or 17

The class clowns--the jokers are well known. no need to name names.

The is the stock of life group and the all about the mods group.

The professional mechanics are sort of like the jocks. They are the heavy lifters of the forum and like sports teams they give the place an identity. People come to this forum and stay because of the quality of info they give.

I spend enough time on the off topic forum to call those of us who hang out there lounge lizards.

There is the young democrats and young republicians and young anarchists debate clubs.

There are the computer geaks who help the rest of us when our technology doesn't work.

Just like in high school, there were groups that owned geographic territory. The geographic groups form because they post at the same time. Here are some of the geographic groups--

the aussies with thier wicked senses of humor,

the long suffering Brits who only have one day of sunshine a year in which to photograph their cars.

The central canadians with their aggressive talk like someone is going to die or busting ebay scammers. Probably too much time spent watching people bust heads with hockey sticks.

The US east coast college guys who all seem like mechanical engineers (even though they are not) with their involved stuff they do to thier engines and their apparently cerebal relationships with their cars.

The California troika. We spend as much time talking about how cool CA is as we do bimmers. And one of our ranks is captain of the golf team.

I feel like there are other geographic groups I haven't names. No slight intended.

The geographic e34 meets remind me of keggers.

I think of bimmerd00d as the vice principal who has to crack our heads occassionally. Bimmer Nut Ed is like the philanthropist with a vision who donates server space to make this montessori school of bimmers possible. Jr is like the guy in high school who had the really cool car when the rest of us were driving beaters. Our ranks are made up of wild ones with their Monday am hangovers, shy ones who may lurk more than post, and serious ones who provide us will all those meaty posts. Wasn't the latter group the ones everyone copied off of in high school?

I act just like I did in school--cheering people on and pumping up school spirit (was a cheerleader), organizing the archives on the history of the board (was the yearbook editor) and passing notes when I should be listening. Trying to behave myself and feeling embarassed when my evil twin speaks out. I do wish there were some other girls here though.

Anyone else feel like everything is happening the same as in high school?

emw525E34
09-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Maybe monday's podcast opensource.org debates it. Bring him to justice!. In no other country can one get away with things like this. American revoltion or not!. You all deserve better!.