PDA

View Full Version : Fuse box

Alexlind123
09-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I took the rear seat out to have a look underneath. Nothing out of place other than a newish looking battery and a pair of oddly clipped wires near the fusebox. One visible green fuse was blown too. But my problem is that i cant get the plastic cover for the fuse box off, i took two screws off and its loose except for the corner under the left fron of the seat. It it stuck there and i cant really see if there is a screw under the mass of wires there. So is there actually a screw or a tab of some sort holding it down or should i just yank the cover out?

Qsilver7
09-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I took the rear seat out to have a look underneath. Nothing out of place other than a newish looking battery and a pair of oddly clipped wires near the fusebox. One visible green fuse was blown too. But my problem is that i cant get the plastic cover for the fuse box off, i took two screws off and its loose except for the corner under the left fron of the seat. It it stuck there and i cant really see if there is a screw under the mass of wires there. So is there actually a screw or a tab of some sort holding it down or should i just yank the cover out?
take your hand and move the wires away...the rear fuse box or E-box is held down by 3 screws. Two are on the side closest to the seat rail...and one is on the back side closest to the rear side of the car.
http://www.bimmerboard.com/members/feaqs/original/rear%20ebox%20cover.jpg

Alexlind123
09-19-2005, 04:40 PM
OK thanks, i found the third screw.