PDA

View Full Version : I got very close to buying a Camry.....Fusable Link...(long)

Crusty nz
03-01-2004, 12:26 PM
...Thanks again to the board.Actually to the OLD board.I couldn't log in to the new board so gave up.My wife left the lights on the other day after driving to work during the remnants of a cyclone.Battery dead flat.....I tried the emergency unlock procedure "100" times until it worked.(couldn't fit through the rear armrest hole or release the bonnet cable from the outside.).....Jump car AFTER disarming confused immobiliser.....Car now in limp home mode seemingly on 2 cylinders...Remove battery to charge.....Slip over in storm debris,drop battery,SPLIT battery.Now Very Very angry....Down to 'AA' man for replacement ...Fit...Car runs good now but no Wipers,Central Lock or OBC....Back to board for third time(3rd set of dry clothes also).Thanks to Bruno's site for fusable Link section...Took to auto electrician yesterday for new one and back today to have warning buzzer fitted to headlights.(why isn't this a std feature?). The buzzer was one of my first jobs to do when I bought the car nearly 4 yrs ago !Still, it's all better now and a Camry wagon is off the menu.Cheers, Crusty.

TheGeak
03-01-2004, 12:37 PM
wow! that sounds like quite a story! I'm glad you got everything resolved and didn't go the route of the Camry. Not that a camry is a bad car, just not a bimmer. Congrats on getting everything back under control! On a related note, i bypassed the whole buzzer route and wired my lights up to be Daytime Running Lights. Soon as i turn off the car, they go off, soon as i turn it on, they're on. Sure i go through bulbs a bit faster, but i like the look, can i can still turn them 'off' but only if i switch to fog and parking lights only. Just my solution to the same problem!