PDA

View Full Version : Trunk leak

JoshsE34-M50
09-18-2005, 01:41 PM
My trunk has a small leak that occurs once in a while when I wash my car. The water drips from the black plastic clips that protrude into the trunk under the drive. rear speaker, then under the plastic wiring guard and dampens the trunk carpet in front of the drive. side taillight. I have all the trunk carpet removed, and a new carpet for after the leak is fixed. Taillights are new, trunk lid seal is good, no water at all visible on interior of car, on package shelf or inside of rear window.I cleaned around rear springs and struts and undercoated the area where rear spring pockets are. VERY tough to get it to leak with hose running in wheel well, on sunroof, all around rear window, all seals, but I went away for two weeks and somehow rain(?) got inside and dampened same area. A semi-occasional leak, but it'll eventually ruin the carpet. Any ideas? Thanks!

genphreak
09-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Is it not from around the rear window? You can get rust there also, or maybe just a bad seal. It could run along to anywhere from there wihtout showing inside before getting to your speaker. Have you pulled the window surround?

Mine has an annoying habot of dripping from the boot lights when you open the boot, but its water dripping off the outer side of the boot- its just the angle of the wet boot lid when open. I guess we all get it.
:) GP