PDA

View Full Version : serious ongoing light problem

kyleN20
09-18-2005, 12:58 PM
my right front low beam is out, along with my blinker on the same side, but the bulbs are not the problem, because the blinker works in blinking mode, but when you turn it to running light mode, it dosent turn on. and the oly time that it says my lowbeam is out , is when i remove the the bulb, so its like its a solid conection, but i cant understand what wrong.

thanks for any help

kyle

uscharalph
09-18-2005, 01:10 PM
my right front low beam is out, along with my blinker on the same side, but the bulbs are not the problem, because the blinker works in blinking mode, but when you turn it to running light mode, it dosent turn on. and the oly time that it says my lowbeam is out , is when i remove the the bulb, so its like its a solid conection, but i cant understand what wrong.

thanks for any help

kyle
Your turn signal bulb is probably a 21/5W bulb. Check your manual. So one of the filaments (Not sure if that's the right term) is burned out. A new bulb should fix the problem.

As far as the lowbeam goes most of the time it's the LKM, which can be fixed by repairing some soldering points. See Bruno's site: http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Maintenance/Electrical/LKM.htm

Kalevera
09-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Kyle, the corner has a dual filament bulb -- one filament for turn, one for parking lights. I always have trouble spotting the breaks in the filament when they go bad.

Not really sure what's up with the headlight -- could be anything.

best, whit