PDA

View Full Version : A/C will not come on

treyg
09-17-2005, 05:06 PM
It started happening a couple days ago. It would come on sometimes and other times it would not. When it was on the compressor would kick in and out every 5-10 seconds so I just drove around with it off until I could get some refridgerant. I got the refridgerant but had trouble getting the compressor to come on and suck in the r134a. It finally did and I was able to get in 2 cans. Now it comes on WAY less frequently if at all. I figured that it may be some sort of low pressure sensor or something? I'm not familiar with it enough to know what it could be. Please Help!

treyg
09-19-2005, 05:55 AM
30 views and not one response ? Please help me out.

genphreak
09-19-2005, 06:07 AM
My guess is you have a leak. I think the compressor will come on, but if it has insufficient refridgerant pressure it might shut off to avoid damage. It needs lubricant in the refirdgerant to keep it out of harms way. Perhaps you need a seals kit ($23.95) from jaggraveyard on eBay before you next fill it. Might as well change the dryer ($20) too. I'd do all that and then get someone who knows how to fill it up to run some refridgerant, lubricant and trace dye to check for any leaks. :) GP

shogun
09-19-2005, 06:11 AM
First of all. 30 views and no answer. that means people read it, they try to help, but they have no answer. So appreciate that this posting already had 30 views.
Did you fill the refridgerant without any gauge? What was the reading then?
I assume that you are still too low.
But that has to be checked.
Because if the pressure is too high, it will also stop.
So if you are not that familiar with it, why do you not visit a shop which can help you. It will not cost a firtune and your have your a/c running again.

nyc525iTe34
09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
If you determine that the issue is not with the refrigerant try checking the resistor pack (or "sword" on older models).