PDA

View Full Version : Radio

Alexlind123
09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
The PO installed an aftermarket radio/tape deck in my car. As you probably know, the rear glass contains an array of three antennas which are normally selected by the car (any one or a combination there of). With an aftermarket radio, as i understand, the car defaults to one of the three antennas. It is for this reason i believe that the radio gets terrible reception as it is now, or it is not plugged in to the antenna at all, i dont know much about radios. My brothers acura, however, does not have an antenna. It was "shaved" after the power up/down stopped working. When i was playing with his radio last night i noticed that it still got perfect reception although antennaless. Upon this discovery, i came to the conclusion that the radio must not be plugged into the antenna at all or it is a really crummy radio. What i really need is a diagram (preferably a picture with labels) to ascertain as to whether or not the antenna is plugged in to the radio at all.

Bill R.
09-17-2005, 01:45 PM
AM band, the middle 8 lines are for FM WB and rear defogger and the bottom 8 lines are only for Defogger.http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/antenna.jpg
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/antennab.jpg

The PO installed an aftermarket radio/tape deck in my car. As you probably know, the rear glass contains an array of three antennas which are normally selected by the car (any one or a combination there of). With an aftermarket radio, as i understand, the car defaults to one of the three antennas. It is for this reason i believe that the radio gets terrible reception as it is now, or it is not plugged in to the antenna at all, i dont know much about radios. My brothers acura, however, does not have an antenna. It was "shaved" after the power up/down stopped working. When i was playing with his radio last night i noticed that it still got perfect reception although antennaless. Upon this discovery, i came to the conclusion that the radio must not be plugged into the antenna at all or it is a really crummy radio. What i really need is a diagram (preferably a picture with labels) to ascertain as to whether or not the antenna is plugged in to the radio at all.

Alexlind123
09-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Hmm, thats confusing. So the amplifier for the antenna choses the antenna?

Alexlind123
09-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the diagram, but does anyone have any idea why my reception would be so crummy?

Bill R.
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
PM regarding the wheel you wanted?

Thanks for the diagram, but does anyone have any idea why my reception would be so crummy?

Alexlind123
09-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Ahhh.... yes i most probably do have metalized tint on my windows...does this break the antenna somehow? Yes i got the pm im going to talk to my dad right this moment.