PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

wingman
09-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Smoking does have its advantages. I was driving from Sydney to Goulburn tonight in gale force winds when I got this horrendous vibration through the windscreen above 110kph (okay I was only 1kph over 110...). I stopped and worked out that the plastic cover between the engine bay that meets the windscreen was the cause. I searched the car for something to stick in there to stop the vibration and all I had was a cigarette packet. I tore it to bits and placed bits equally along the join of cover and windscreen. Hey Presto! It worked!!! So apart from being really cool, smoking also fixes cars.. Help me quit PLEASE!

uscharalph
09-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Smoking does have its advantages. I was driving from Sydney to Goulburn tonight in gale force winds when I got this horrendous vibration through the windscreen above 110kph (okay I was only 1kph over 110...). I stopped and worked out that the plastic cover between the engine bay that meets the windscreen was the cause. I searched the car for something to stick in there to stop the vibration and all I had was a cigarette packet. I tore it to bits and placed bits equally along the join of cover and windscreen. Hey Presto! It worked!!! So apart from being really cool, smoking also fixes cars.. Help me quit PLEASE!
The Patch!

mattyb
09-17-2005, 04:45 PM
you mean you can use the patch on that plastic cover from the engine bay!

wingman
09-18-2005, 02:06 AM
Laughing out loud mattyb. I have changed the cigarette packet bits for some of those sticky foam tabs. Works better. Looks better. Non-addictive.

mattyb
09-18-2005, 07:28 AM
you know, when i first got the 540 i was like na im never gonna smoke in it, drink beer in it etc etc. but i do like 4 hours a day in the car and that lasted about two weeks. i dont drink in it still cause thats a sin, but sunroofs are good for one thing and if youre a smoker theres nothin like having the sunroof tilted up and open to get rid of the smoke. a mate of mine says when asked does he smoke: no! cigarettes smoke ,im just the sucker on the end ! go figure

bahnstormer
09-18-2005, 09:02 AM
bmw released a service bulletin on that part and i think bill r or someone posted it here.... *goes to search his e34 folder*