PDA

View Full Version : embarrasing headlight question

Picatavi
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Apologies for this really dumb question: are the headlights identified as you look at them from the outside? In other words, are the right headlights on the driver's side or the passenger side? Actually looked it up in OM and Bentleys and couldn't tell.

Anyone have a set of high beam lenses for sale, or is that something I should buy new? I've got cracks in both. Is it cool to buy stuff this way? (Still learning forum protocol.) -Rich

Kalevera
09-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi Rich.

It's not a stupid question, so don't feel awkward about asking it.

LEFT and RIGHT refer to the sides of the car when sitting in the driver's seat. A US car is "left hand drive" and everything on the US driver's side is "left".

I think the consensus is to use new wear parts; used "non-wear" items are good. It might be hard to find a set of used high beams; most sellers will only part with the headlights as a complete set. They tend to go for around $100 on the 'bay these days, which makes the aftermarket Euros an attractive alternative.

best, whit

Picatavi
09-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks, Whit! Good info. -Rich

uscharalph
09-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Apologies for this really dumb question: are the headlights identified as you look at them from the outside? In other words, are the right headlights on the driver's side or the passenger side? Actually looked it up in OM and Bentleys and couldn't tell.

Anyone have a set of high beam lenses for sale, or is that something I should buy new? I've got cracks in both. Is it cool to buy stuff this way? (Still learning forum protocol.) -Rich
Try and get glass lenses. Stay away from plastic.

uscharalph
09-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Try and get glass lenses. Stay away from plastic.
Hella is the best name to look for.

Picatavi
09-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Thanks, Ralph.