PDA

View Full Version : Windshield wipers

Alexlind123
09-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Ok, first of all, please dont laugh at me. Alright, the problem has happened twice where i have accidentally pulled the wiper lever for "intensive clean" as the owners manual calls it. It wont turn off. Once i pull the level i am stuck with the wipers on that one speed for the rest of the time the car it turned on. :( do i just not know how to do something simple or is it an actual defect? I dont really need the "intensive clean" so if it is broken i willl just try not to pull the lever.

uscharalph
09-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Ok, first of all, please dont laugh at me. Alright, the problem has happened twice where i have accidentally pulled the wiper lever for "intensive clean" as the owners manual calls it. It wont turn off. Once i pull the level i am stuck with the wipers on that one speed for the rest of the time the car it turned on. :( do i just not know how to do something simple or is it an actual defect? I dont really need the "intensive clean" so if it is broken i willl just try not to pull the lever.
So moving the lever up or down to any of the other positions doesn't help?

Alexlind123
09-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Nope, i tried everything, restarting the car does work though. I guess i will have to train myself not to pull the lever...

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
09-17-2005, 04:16 PM
...the (separate) intensive clean reservoir? Intensive clean is activated by depressing in the switch at the end of the wiper switch, not pulling it toward the steering wheel.

I've had the wipers go into this crazy "fail safe" mode when the washer pump seized and burned its fuse. Check your fuses and see that the washer and intensive wash motors run.

In this shot, the intensive reservoir is in the lower right of the picture and has a red tag on the lid. 535 models have a piggy-back tank on the main washer reservoir.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/M5_under_hood_passenger.jpg