PDA

View Full Version : New Nikasil Article

632 Regal
09-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I know this comes up a LOT on here so I figured I would post it.

New Nikasil article (http://www.koalamotorsport.com/article-m60v8.asp)

Lowell, you holding back on us?

:D

Gayle
09-16-2005, 09:09 PM
At at the same site, a nice explanation of differntial ratios--something I have been lying awake nights trying to understand. Thanks for the link Jeff.

sdwhitney
09-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Just replaced mine in June for the Nikasil issue. It was a Georgia car here in Cali, no rough idle or anything. I dyno;d it for a baseline and got 200, had a leakdown and BAM!

Now I have a lifetime warranty Bav Auto engine exchange alusil. I am happy.

632 Regal
09-16-2005, 10:36 PM
I wonder what was wrong with it.

Just replaced mine in June for the Nikasil issue. It was a Georgia car here in Cali, no rough idle or anything. I dyno;d it for a baseline and got 200, had a leakdown and BAM!

Kalevera
09-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Actually, yes. The web site was redone around ~ June. Personally, I've got a bunch of interesting pictures that I haven't uploaded and a bunch of writeups to finish.

best, whit

saj3n
09-17-2005, 06:26 PM

Yea, I am going through the same thing now... Replacing at 153000 miles.... Except I wish I had some warning... car stopped while moving from my old apartment ot my house.... what a move...

632 Regal
09-17-2005, 06:36 PM
again... they just dont suddenly die.

Yea, I am going through the same thing now... Replacing at 153000 miles.... Except I wish I had some warning... car stopped while moving from my old apartment ot my house.... what a move...