PDA

View Full Version : on the m50, is there only one type of coolant temp sensor?

ryan roopnarine
09-14-2005, 07:42 PM
i need to replace mine, and have noticed that both bma and groton have a black connector'd temperature sensor, and a blue connector'd one. they are both around the same price as the wells unit from autozone, about $16.99, so i'd rather get the wells and not have to worry about it being shipped from somewhere. im just concerned that the autozone unit might not be the "one" i need. any thoughts? tia.

Bill R.
09-14-2005, 08:59 PM
fuel injection system and the DME uses that one for injection info, The black one is the temperature gauge sensor and thats the one that actually sends the reading to the dash gauge.... So if your having a running problem then you want the blue one , if you suspect a problem with the gauge not reading right then you want the black one, they are side by side on your head.

i need to replace mine, and have noticed that both bma and groton have a black connector'd temperature sensor, and a blue connector'd one. they are both around the same price as the wells unit from autozone, about $16.99, so i'd rather get the wells and not have to worry about it being shipped from somewhere. im just concerned that the autozone unit might not be the "one" i need. any thoughts? tia.

ryan roopnarine
09-15-2005, 10:30 AM
thanks bill, that just saved me a headache. looking to change the DME one. ill see what the autozone one looks like. i wonder what the dealer charges.....