PDA

View Full Version : Not OT: barnes and noble is great!

nuwde
09-14-2005, 05:15 PM
i just spent 4 hours at bn reading through a few different bmw magazines.

This month's issue of Bimmer has an E34 buyer's guide. very extensive and informative - most of it i've already read from here, but still very good to have it all in one article. good to know all the differences of E34s, pros/cons, and the going rates.

needless to say, i was quite inspired to continue modding my car. i'm in the process of projector/HIDs and am now considering suspension and wheel upgrades.

I would like 17" wheels to go along with Bilstein shocks. Do you think I need aftermarket springs? are they worth the money for performance? Lastly, I will be upgrading in stages for money purposes. Should I get the wheels first or the shocks/springs?

Thanks for the input!

btw, does anyone else appreciate barnes and noble as much as me? :)

Gayle
09-14-2005, 05:30 PM
btw, does anyone else appreciate barnes and noble as much as me? :)

Probably not quite as much as you but I do like it. It is a favorite destination for those times I feel a need for a big dose of visual stimulation. Our has a Starbucks ajoining it so we get fancy coffee, take them into bn, get a couple of easy chairs and a pile of books. Being good at speed skimming and since I prefer non-fiction informational books, I can go through 3-5 books at the level I want in about 2 hours. Plus the people watching is usually pretty good too. But bn is usually only a winter thing for when it gets dark early and the evenings are long.

Alexlind123
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I go there periodically to read for a few hours then maybe purchase something. Ours has a starbucks adjoining it too although i dont normally get coffee while im reading, but yes i do appreciate it its a prime destination for me. (under the olive garden of course)