PDA

View Full Version : So when's this virtual car show thing happening?

Jon K
09-14-2005, 02:42 PM
As title asks... I haven't heard any news on it...

632 Regal
09-14-2005, 05:11 PM
its going on right now...virtually

uscharalph
09-14-2005, 05:29 PM
I think it's virtually planning its virtual self.

632 Regal
09-14-2005, 06:02 PM
virtually as we speak.

Gayle
09-14-2005, 08:54 PM
Groan...you wise a's

Ok someone who was here for the last one, give us energetic newbies a clue how to get this going. Nick Hay posted a bunch of cool categories.

Jon K
09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Groan...you wise a's

Ok someone who was here for the last one, give us energetic newbies a clue how to get this going. Nick Hay posted a bunch of cool categories.

Gayle,

Unfortunately, as conservative as I am, it seems that the contributionists on this forum are about as active as FEMA. Haha, FEMA joke, never thought i'd make one... ahh these medecines are making me weird. Im going to bed.

(i have a really bad cold, so forget my conservative joke)

pyro
09-14-2005, 10:03 PM
i was getting ready to ask that... i think a start would be to set up the catagorys and then have everyone send pictures

Gayle
09-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Why not fire up the annual (or maybe seasonal?? Spring, summer, fall/autumn, winter) Virtual Car show.

To keep things interesting (and so that a certain silver M5 doesn't kick all our arses... Not unlike this one ... Not naming names or anything)
we could run several categories:

Most improved
Top stereo install
Concourse
Most Photogenic
Best Group photo
Best action shot/ sequence/ video
Best photo location
Best all-rounder
best new member (3 month window??)
overall Grand Champion
Most devoted enthusiast

With the seasonal idea, entrants submit a pic of their car in scenry best depicting that season in their part of the world.

Gayle's edit:

Being a name namer,

We can just ad the category of Jr's coronation so he can submit more pictures of that too beautiful and sexy for words car that make us all feel inadequate. We all know we want more opportunities to drool over that car, so lets be upfront about it. He gets his own category. He can compete with himself and we can select the best pic of Jr's M5 since he really is in a league of his own with that car.

granit_silber
09-15-2005, 05:46 AM
Most improved
Top stereo install
Concourse
Most Photogenic
Best Group photo
Best action shot/ sequence/ video
Best photo location
Best all-rounder
best new member (3 month window??)
overall Grand Champion
Most devoted enthusiast

Why not add a "Silly Conours" so that those of us with broken fog lamp lens and sun tattered C-pillars could submit? Maybe a better way to say that is, a catergory for "most potential."

-ashley :)

Jon K
09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
I think we should allow entries for multiple catagories, correct? Or, do you want everyone to submit their pictures and they're automatically eligible for each catagory?

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-15-2005, 09:03 AM
I should create a separate forum for this, right. We enter our pics, and they are automatically entered into all cadtegories. Leave it open for a month, then we vote on the previously mentioned categories. All agreed?

And sure, JR just gets to compete with himself. Sounds like a plan!

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-15-2005, 09:14 AM
AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

632 Regal
09-15-2005, 10:19 AM
HA! I won!
I Won (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14095)

granit_silber
09-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Do we just submit one pic? Or our best two (three)?
-ashley

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-15-2005, 12:00 PM
It has been the best "one" pic in previous years. I'm trying to find the rules we used in the past so I can repost them. If anyone finds them before I do, by all means, post a link, or cut and paste them here.

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-15-2005, 12:06 PM
I take that back, here's what we said in the past -
"Bimmer.info proudly presents the E34 Virtual Auto Show for 2002.
Post pictures of your cars, as you like, keeping in mind that more pictures is not always better (long loading time). Place a brief description in the Subject concerning the year and model of your car. And, as always, enjoy your cars."

dternst
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
...JR just gets to compete with himself.

JR is always "competing" with himself.

Nick.Hay
09-16-2005, 02:27 AM
Weather is shocking here atm, as is the state of the old girl... she needs some lovin' Im' trying to find a photogenic location too!!

Alexlind123
09-17-2005, 12:53 PM
I am terrible at photography, although i would enjoy the ability. Maybe i will bring my camera with me to take a pic if i happen to be in a nice location, or to record accidents...etc.

billb
09-18-2005, 05:25 PM
...only to run out of daylight for a good photo. Oh, well, at least I got claybar/wash/polish/wax done today. Maybe I can get the E30 cleaned up and get a group photo.

Happy Ofest everyone! It kicked off this weekend here in NC for the week. My Bavarian flag is firmly fixed on my front porch (neighbors think I'm nuts).

Gayle
09-18-2005, 06:25 PM
I am terrible at photography

Your sig pic contradicts your statement. You sig pic has amazingly artful composition and creativity.

Paul in NZ
09-18-2005, 08:15 PM
didnt you also host the pics last time ed?

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-19-2005, 01:14 PM
didnt you also host the pics last time ed?

No I did not host the pics last time. But I can, you can use the Gallery, or Bimmerd00d also has space. If you want me to host you'll have to PM me.

Don't forget, you can also use the message board's "attach file" capability to host images also.

billb
09-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Hey Web! Look out behind you!

http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/billb/lookout.jpg

Alexlind123
09-19-2005, 04:45 PM
I can host some pictures, my email is Alex.Lindberg@gmail.com

PhilH
10-19-2005, 12:50 PM
So when does the voting open? Will there be an obvious link somewhere?

brodee
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/billb/lookout.jpg
OT, but my son has those same frog boots :D

http://www.evanmichael.net/gallery/albums/Texas%20Boy/normal_PICT2248.JPG