PDA

View Full Version : my e34 ac/fan only works on setting 4? help please....

Young Pete
09-13-2005, 03:25 PM
has anyone every have this problem before.....

please let me know if there is a way to fix it.

thanks

Kai@e34.de
09-13-2005, 03:27 PM
resistor box or blower switch blown

ScottyWM
09-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Blower resisitor or sword. What year, model, etc..?

uscharalph
09-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Blower resisitor or sword. What year, model, etc..?
You should edit your profile to show the details on your car so we can better help with your car.

JonE
09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
You should edit your profile to show the details on your car so we can better help with your car.

great idea Ralph! I think Young Pete might have a M50 which likely will be the resistor pack under the panel above your knees on left hand drive cars. If it is resistor pack then you're lucky cuz if it is the "sword" it is tougher to get at and more expensive to replace!
Listen to the guys Young Pete, change your profile to reflect your car, engine, tranny type, at least. Responses will come faster and more willingly, I think.
JonE

Young Pete
09-14-2005, 10:47 AM
great idea Ralph! I think Young Pete might have a M50 which likely will be the resistor pack under the panel above your knees on left hand drive cars. If it is resistor pack then you're lucky cuz if it is the "sword" it is tougher to get at and more expensive to replace!
Listen to the guys Young Pete, change your profile to reflect your car, engine, tranny type, at least. Responses will come faster and more willingly, I think.
JonE

is this easy to replace? i have a feeling im gonna need a heater soon.........

nyc525iTe34
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Your problem is definitely with the resistor pack. In earlier models it is also known as the "sword". A sword can cost up to $120 and is slightly more difficult to replace. The resistor pack (i think your car uses the resistor pack) costs about $13 and is very easy to install. Simply removed the old resistor pack (located under the steering wheel and to the right) and snap the new one in. You can call BMA or another BMW parts dealer and they should be able to give you further instructions.

joe maniqz
09-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Your problem is definitely with the resistor pack. In earlier models it is also known as the "sword". A sword can cost up to $120 and is slightly more difficult to replace. The resistor pack (i think your car uses the resistor pack) costs about $13 and is very easy to install. Simply removed the old resistor pack (located under the steering wheel and to the right) and snap the new one in. You can call BMA or another BMW parts dealer and they should be able to give you further instructions.

can you guys describe how it looks like? thanks.

infinity5
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
where did that sticky post for newbies go? i bet this was in there.

nyc525iTe34
09-14-2005, 12:50 PM
If you go to this link http://www.bmwe34.net/ and look up "sword" or "resistor pack" you should be able to find more information about this issue.

DanDombrowski
09-14-2005, 01:16 PM
The sword is long and shiny with a very sharp blade. Very intricate detail on the hilt. Most were made during the middle ages. More information can be found using the search button or looking through the archives, as there are many pictures of both of them.

ScottyWM
09-14-2005, 06:08 PM
can you guys describe how it looks like? thanks.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/96/96274/folders/98321/685967resistor2.JPG