PDA

View Full Version : slighty OT: heater core location on e30

kyleN20
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
can anyone send a pic of the heater core location on a e30 325i, this is actully for my brother, hes got my old e30, and i dont care enough to take a look, i figured someone on here might be able to help out a little more.

thanks a ton

kyle

winfred
09-13-2005, 06:46 PM
after taking the center console out it's there at the drivers leg held into the box with usually + screws and some 8mm bolts/nuts on the valve, it just slides out of the box once you get the screws and valve undone, it's a tan color usually

JonE
09-13-2005, 07:46 PM
after taking the center console out it's there at the drivers leg held into the box with usually + screws and some 8mm bolts/nuts on the valve, it just slides out of the box once you get the screws and valve undone, it's a tan color usually

If he's looking to fix a problem related to it, like leaking coolant in the console area, it might actually be the heater valve that connects to the core, at least it was on mine and I think there were two types of cores, thus, two types of valves you could choose from. Many times it is the seal from the valve pipes that connect to the core. Getting access isn't too bad, pretty much like Winfred said to get to the core, it's just time consuming, as usual.
JonE

kyleN20
09-14-2005, 10:19 AM
thank ya both