PDA

View Full Version : EAT chip = Awesome! 535i..

bighc2000
02-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Having had some suspension work done, Sachs kit, M-Tech sway, control and thrust arms, engine and trans mounts included, I tought that at the same time I would have the EAT chip installed.

I have a 1991 535i automatic (141k miles) and the transformation is unbelievable. NVH in the car is so controlled now that the interior is quite hushed. Some of that is due to the engone and trans mounts. The old ones were trashed.

I put 300+ miles on the car over the weekend and the car is unsurpassed on the e-way. I does "feel like a new car". I really wonder how long it is unitil the LE catches up with me. In 4th gear, the engine is at ~ 3k rpm @ 80mph. Just barely putting your foot into it rockets you up to 100+. Tested on Michigan's autobahn, I-96 between Wixom and Howell.

Get the chip already!

Scott E
02-29-2004, 10:01 PM
Having had some suspension work done, Sachs kit, M-Tech sway, control and thrust arms, engine and trans mounts included, I tought that at the same time I would have the EAT chip installed.

I have a 1991 535i automatic (141k miles) and the transformation is unbelievable. NVH in the car is so controlled now that the interior is quite hushed. Some of that is due to the engone and trans mounts. The old ones were trashed.

I put 300+ miles on the car over the weekend and the car is unsurpassed on the e-way. I does "feel like a new car". I really wonder how long it is unitil the LE catches up with me. In 4th gear, the engine is at ~ 3k rpm @ 80mph. Just barely putting your foot into it rockets you up to 100+. Tested on Michigan's autobahn, I-96 between Wixom and Howell.

Get the chip already!