PDA

View Full Version : cali and tickets

pyro
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
well i got a speeding ticket for a very dumb reason. so i got a ticket assin (look it up on google but spell it right) VERY COOL well i paid the 25 bux but if anyone elts in here needs ill email you all of the templets for free if you want. Its only good in CA. Just thought id try to help some someone like me.

Gayle
09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Driving home tonight I was just thinking "I feel a speeding ticket coming on".

It was because I was driving 75 in a 45 zone. This morning I sped passed three cars while we we still on the on-ramp to the freeway. Everyone else is driving like a granny now and I am like "ooo I love my car" But if I keep this up, I am sure to get picked off for a ticket.

The only thing that made me decide that I had to snap out of it was the thought of spending an entire Saturday in traffic school listening to some retired highway patrol guy tell pathetic jokes while trying to teach me about safety.

Are you saying there is a way to do traffic school online? And for a mere $25.

ok I found the link. It does help to spell it the way they do.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/

uscharalph
09-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Driving home tonight I was just thinking "I feel a speeding ticket coming on".

It was because I was driving 75 in a 45 zone. This morning I sped passed three cars while we we still on the on-ramp to the freeway. Everyone else is driving like a granny now and I am like "ooo I love my car" But if I keep this up, I am sure to get picked off for a ticket.

The only thing that made me decide that I had to snap out of it was the thought of spending an entire Saturday in traffic school listening to some retired highway patrol guy tell pathetic jokes while trying to teach me about safety.

Are you saying there is a way to do traffic school online? And for a mere $25.

ok I found the link. It does help to spell it the way they do.

http://www.ticketassassin.com/
On my way to my friend's house the other early morning (Mammoth Trip) I almost went flying by a police officer. I've really got to start watching myself better, but it's really hard in this car and I've only got the M20 engine!

Gayle
09-13-2005, 06:11 AM
Yeah I have a pretty heavy right foot in general but I havn't had a speeding ticket in about 20 years cause I am usely pretty hypervigilent looking for those mean men with the pad and pen. But Charlie is soooo much fun to drive and it sort of takes the fun out playing with him to do all that watching.

pyro
09-13-2005, 06:42 AM
yah well i paid the 25 bux if anyone wants the templets just email me and ill be happy to help out. (least i can do after everyone helped me get my engine running which took 2 months)

Gayle
09-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Pyro Tell us about your "dumb reason" speeding ticket.

And are you not one of our younger members? Are you going to get dinged on insurance costs or does traffic school prevent that too?

Alexlind123
09-13-2005, 06:52 AM
I could be wrong, but i think his ticket got dropped. Meaning that it never went on his record. These cars are easy to speed in, you really have to watch yourself.

mikell
09-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Tell It All, Brother!! What did you do, what happened. Share you tale of daring drama, don't be shy. We want details.

ryan roopnarine
09-13-2005, 08:45 AM
the operation of traffic courts around the country has kinda become an interest of mine after having to go to two (and putting in the 100's hours of work) to fight a ticket. im in florida, but i know that california is somewhat "progressive" (and i don't mean positively, but legally) when it comes to the manual for uniform traffic control devices and where it would/would not apply. if any of your templates refer to MUTCD or uniform traffic control devices or subpoenaing traffic engineering surveys, please send a copy my way to take a look at it. personally, i would never try to fight a court matter with templates, but you might feel differently. anyway, if you feel like it, pls. send a few my way if you like.

ryan roopnarine
09-13-2005, 09:04 AM
oh wow, just read your page. didnt know that in cully-fornia that if you requested a trial by declaration the prosecution must do the same (essentially). when i read the florida traffic court rules, i thought to myself "who would possibly be stupid to try to use a trial by declaration if the decision was going to be made in real time with only the cop and the judge present?" that's some hot **** you got going there. me personally, i like to see the @holes face and the @hole's bosses' face beforehand.

pyro
09-13-2005, 03:19 PM
It was back when i had the e32. Last week of school we had block scedual and how my scedual was I dind't have school that day so i was putting along at 35 and got a ticket because school was in sesson... So i got ding'd for going 10 over. I really dind't think to slow because i dind't have school... I know silly mistake. And I think I am the youngest member here :(. Don't think im spoild for haveing a e34... Just do a search in the forum for the topic m50 won't start. (explains why i got the car for $1200USD)

pyro
09-13-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=12087&highlight=m50+start if anyone cares to read it.

Alexlind123
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Are you 16 as well?

Gayle
09-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Pyro--that is one of the longest problem threads I have ever seen! Six pages and then you don't tell what the solution was.

I don't know who says you are spoiled, but I think you have good taste and maturity beyond your years. If you have it this together at this age, what an awesome life you will have.

And Alex, I knew with traffic school you didn't have to pay the ticket but I didn't know it left no record. Last ticket I had was in Ohio. I have managed to evade the CHP for 17 years. I have laughed at Hubby for going to traffic school three times in the course of our marriage, and it looks like Saturday dentention to me.

pyro
09-13-2005, 05:19 PM
i posted the solution in another thread haha im going to coppy and paste it now! haha i jsut realised it and it had over 1000 views and help from over 20 people

Alexlind123
09-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I live in washington, maybe the laws are differnt from where you are but my understanding is that if a ticket is found unworthy or unjust, then the ticket is dismissed with no negative effects at all. Why would you have to go to traffic school if a judge found that you did nothing to merit a citation?

Gayle
09-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I live in washington, maybe the laws are differnt from where you are but my understanding is that if a ticket is found unworthy or unjust, then the ticket is dismissed with no negative effects at all. Why would you have to go to traffic school if a judge found that you did nothing to merit a citation?

In California, traffic school is an alternative system. The judge doesn't order you to go. You can elect to go and it is much cheaper than paying the ticket and it unclogs the legal system. It is not a guilty/not guilty thing. It is more "I admit I was bad and voluntarily submit to a cheaper less painful punishment/remediation". We are just so progressive here. Theoretically we are all better off because theoretically you come out of traffic school a better safer driver and you are no longer a menace to society. Comedy club style traffic schools are very popular. But it is still a Saturday of your life trapped indoors. An even though you don't have to pay the ticket, I was under the impression that your insurance company would know. You have to submit your papers of completion for the fine to be waved. But I don't really know for sure about the record thing.