PDA

View Full Version : Airbag light glowing

iainand
02-29-2004, 06:04 PM
my first question then, hope you guys can help, had no joy from uk boards.

* the airbag light on my E34 started glowing 6 months ago, i have put up with it but now it is annoying me. The strange thing is my car is a non airbag model. i have opened up the cluster and taken out the bulb, but it still glows.

upon further investigation i found a small led on the circuit board that is right in line with the airbag lamp that is lit up on the radio stage of the ignition onwards.

could this be something to do with my seatbelt pretensioners?
anyone know a fix? cause of this?

bimmerd00d
02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Could it be possible that your car was possibly wrecked and replaced with a non-airbag wheel? Just something to look into. Also, what does your non-airbag wheel from '93 look like?

iainand
02-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Could it be possible that your car was possibly wrecked and replaced with a non-airbag wheel? Just something to look into. Also, what does your non-airbag wheel from '93 look like?

the airbag model in the UK came a couple of months later, my original wheel was a 4 spoke leather one, i replaced it with the M style leather wheel. the light was glowing before this though, nothing to do with the steering wheel.

i was thinking it might be something to do with the seatbelt pretensioners? do they need changed at all? the light seemed to start glowing when the car got to 10 years old? co-incidence?