PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of me at Mosport this weekend

MarkD
09-12-2005, 10:35 AM
I was at a BMW club Driver education event at Mosport this past weekend. Click here: My E34 M5 at Mosport (http://community.webshots.com/album/449316166tcJEyj) to view the pictures.
Bruno was there with his car also, it was running well but then he had transmission problems.

Mark

bahnstormer
09-12-2005, 10:51 AM
your car is REALLY dirty heheh
that takes like 5mph off your straight speed!!!

Jeff N.
09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Nice. Car looks gathered. Stock suspension or ? What tires are you running? What happened to the wheel covers? That banked turn looks fun - wish we had one of those at our local track.

Jay 535i
09-12-2005, 10:59 AM
So many pics, and not one demonstrating the oversteer for which the M5 is so famous. :( Do better next time! ;)

Thanks again for the chip, Mark.

- Jay

Jeff N.
09-12-2005, 11:07 AM
As an instructor with our local chapter, I can suggest that we don't encourage oversteer during lapping / DE days.

Deliberate oversteer may demonstrate car control skills but isn't typically the fastest or safest way from A to B. Unintentional oversteer puts you to the inside of a corner in a hurry. :D

Some clubs are starting to tinker with drifting classes for those who want tail-out fun.

Jeff N.
09-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Agree with your earlier comment.

As an instructor with our local chapter, I can suggest that we don't encourage oversteer during lapping / DE days.

Deliberate oversteer may demonstrate car control skills but isn't typically the fastest or safest way from A to B. Unintentional oversteer puts you to the inside of a corner in a hurry. :D

Some clubs are starting to tinker with drifting classes for those who want tail-out fun.

uscharalph
09-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Cool. That looks like a lot of fun!

Jon K
09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
wow that really is dirty, but I like the stance Mark.

MarkD
09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
your car is REALLY dirty heheh
that takes like 5mph off your straight speed!!!

That is because before the track, we had a skid pad excercise in which a water truck wet the skid pad, and then I got to burn off 10% of my tread in 3 minutes! :(

Mark

MarkD
09-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Nice. Car looks gathered. Stock suspension or ? What tires are you running? What happened to the wheel covers? That banked turn looks fun - wish we had one of those at our local track.

Front: KONI adjustable shocks, RD strut bar.
Rear: Bilsteins.
Springs: unknown, the previous owner installed them.

The car is very neutral on the track. It's a dream to drive.

Toyo T1R's, 245/45/17, now with about 25% of the original tread. (just perfect for the track!

I bought these wheels only for track use, they didn't come with covers.

Mark

MarkD
09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
So many pics, and not one demonstrating the oversteer for which the M5 is so famous. :( Do better next time! ;)

Thanks again for the chip, Mark.

- Jay

As Jeff said, oversteer is not desired. I've rarely (almost never) had my car in oversteer on the track. It's also hard to do, as my tires are quite sticky and I usually have my gas tank 50% to 95% full.

Mark

shragon
09-12-2005, 03:06 PM
thanks for the pics mark!

your car looks great in action!!