PDA

View Full Version : I use linear mode on the display settings on the right side of the page, i've

Bill R.
09-12-2005, 07:34 AM
noticed recently that alot of you don't click reply on the post that you're responding to so there's no text from the post you're responding to included. So frequently if your using the same view that i am you have no idea what some of the posts are about. Could you all click the reply on the box that your replying to. Thanks.

billb
09-12-2005, 07:36 AM
noticed recently that alot of you don't click reply on the post that you're responding to so there's no text from the post you're responding to included. So frequently if your using the same view that i am you have no idea what some of the posts are about. Could you all click the reply on the box that your replying to. Thanks.

Thanks for bringing that up, Bill. I was wondering about that as well.

632 Regal
09-12-2005, 09:53 AM
I dont remember this getting replies all over the place except maybe the last month or so...maybe I just need more beers for everything to look normal again.

Bill H.
09-12-2005, 10:00 AM

...it just linked everthing for the base message...last I heard, this "new" way was being evaluated. I know...it is basically a retorical question from a guy who remembers the Winky Dink screens for TV.

632 Regal
09-12-2005, 10:02 AM
yes it's being evaluated...just like income tax, it's just a temporary measure :D

infinity5
09-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I think Bill R is right, lots more people are just posting replies to posts and i dunno who they're yellin at :)

I like this format because i can hold my mouse over the thread title and get the first 2 paragraphs of the post. I always know if i actually want to bother reading it. The roadfly forums are soooo annoying when you go to click a post and they only wrote ONE WORD or they forgot to put NT in the title and it's empty! GAH! its drives me INSANE. :) heh

bahnstormer
09-12-2005, 10:50 AM
agree with infinity...

ya'll that are in linear - have u given the other views a chance?

Bill R.
09-12-2005, 10:57 AM
linear the best by far of the choices. Below is a perfect example of what i'm talking about. Jeff posted and you don't see a link of what he's responding to , so on long threads you frequently have no idea who he's posting back to... But Bill has the box which shows you what question he's replying tohttp://www.bimmer.info/%7Ebill/JeffB.jpg

agree with infinity...

ya'll that are in linear - have u given the other views a chance?