PDA

View Full Version : even MORE m5 head questions...

TheGeak
02-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Does the Bentley manual have a section on removing the M5 head?

if not, anyone know of a good source to get a TIS cd?

i'm trying to make sure i have everything i need for Friday!

Bill R.
02-29-2004, 06:00 PM
Tis either, Its in the factory service manual and its still not that informative.

Does the Bentley manual have a section on removing the M5 head?

if not, anyone know of a good source to get a TIS cd?

i'm trying to make sure i have everything i need for Friday!

TheGeak
02-29-2004, 06:37 PM
hrm....well my factory service manual is M.I.A

Oh well, i guess it will just be a lot of documentation, picture taking, and careful planning. Hopefully the TIS will have some info about aligning the engine before removing the head and things like that though...

Bill R.
02-29-2004, 07:31 PM
hrm....well my factory service manual is M.I.A

Oh well, i guess it will just be a lot of documentation, picture taking, and careful planning. Hopefully the TIS will have some info about aligning the engine before removing the head and things like that though...

TheGeak
02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
then how the HELL do people figure out how to work on these things?! just open to hood and start playing?

Bill R.
02-29-2004, 07:45 PM
all the technical specs in it... Then you buy every manual you can find that has any info on and m5 in it...Since none of them are complete and you just piece information together.. Checkout the m5 site on roadfly

then how the HELL do people figure out how to work on these things?! just open to hood and start playing?

TheGeak
02-29-2004, 07:51 PM
yeah, i found a lot of useful info at www.bmwe34m5.com Nice write up and some technical specs like torque #'s and stuff. I guess i'll be stockpiling quite a lot of books. I guess some good ol' fashioned 'researching' will have to take place.

Do you know where i could find Top Dead Center so i can align everything correctly?