PDA

View Full Version : Four-wheel drift

Sweetwater
09-08-2005, 09:29 PM
HA HA, HO HO

I set my E34 into a four-wheel drift this evening about 30 minutes ago. Here's my tale:

Dinner, very nice with a presentation. Old pals hanging out at the back of the room. Headed home early.

Uphill run with NO traffic whatsoever. Steep run at the bottom which then flattened out with a hard right turn, close to a hairpin, maybe 145 degrees. Temp at 76F, auto appropriately warmed and humming. New pavement with no markings and a bit of light sandy dirt on the lowest section.

I hit that right turn at about 50 mph and a little understeer, didn't kick the back end out, just kept a steady foot on the pedal. All four wheels disconnected and slid around that puppy with a bit of lean, less than a squeel and no loss of feel or control.

Waaaaahooo!

That was a gas...oh ya, it was fly.

Did I mention the Roomful of Blues on the playa?

Heheee.

Incantation
09-08-2005, 09:42 PM
good thing you didn't hit anyone

Sweetwater
09-08-2005, 09:48 PM
good thing you didn't hit anyone

Agreed, I scoped it out on the way to dinner and it's a new 2 mile stretch of road through a new commercial development with no traffic due to it's newness and lack of destinations. It was a bit frivolous but not dangerous, to me or anyone else. Great sight lines as well so any traffic would be obvious. Nevertheless, I won't be running a repeat, we're supposed to get our local track this week.

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Guard Rail Groove

I see them everywhere on the rear quater panels of cars that didn't have the perfect drift, and bit the rail.