PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hoses

olsan100
09-08-2005, 08:54 AM
So, does anyone use anything special for their radiator hoses, or just replace them every so often.

bfd
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
So, does anyone use anything special for their radiator hoses, or just replace them every so often.

Brett Anderson recommends changing all hoses every 7 to 8 years. Should use only OE or OEM hoses too.

The thing with BMW cooling system its probably best to change everything every 60,000-75,000 miles. EVERYTHING means Radiator (plastic), expansion tank (plastic), water pump, themostat and hoses. Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah, its also recommended to use BMW "blue" coolant (or any Valvoline Zerex G-48 equivalent).

olsan100
09-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if there was some aftermarket hoses that would last for a long time or whatever.

I'll just change them as you mentioned.

Brett Anderson recommends changing all hoses every 7 to 8 years. Should use only OE or OEM hoses too.

The thing with BMW cooling system its probably best to change everything every 60,000-75,000 miles. EVERYTHING means Radiator (plastic), expansion tank (plastic), water pump, themostat and hoses. Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah, its also recommended to use BMW "blue" coolant (or any Valvoline Zerex G-48 equivalent).

shogun
09-08-2005, 07:33 PM
There are special hoses available used in racing. Material is silicone and the temperaure is up to 170 degrees Celsius, 3 layer material, very flexible to make bends. Various colors available.
But also very costly.
But if you like colored hoses, spent the $$$$

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Really look for wetness, bulges and rot.

BMW has a satanic set of little lines that run the heater system. They run from the firewall down along side the engine and are easy to miss.