PDA

View Full Version : Hello again...

mancini_mark
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around here in a while. The site looks quite different and many new faces.

I certainly miss my obsession: 1990 525i w/intake, exhaust, headers, sachs kit & 17" OZ F1 racing.

It's been parked for a year. I've been driving a pos jeep since my new job required a lot of commuting and I just knew I would be in an accident (just the odds). Sure enough the jeep was rear-ended. One bimmer saved. I can't wait to save up enough dough to get the bimmer back on the road. Then I can bug you fine folks for tech advice.

Mark

Gayle
09-07-2005, 06:37 PM
What does your obsession need to get back on the road?

And welcome back to the fold.

632 Regal
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
you dont NEED to drive your bimmer to be here, just lurk around, learn stuff so your ready to maintain/fix her up!

Gayle
09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Do more than lurk. I am sure you have something valuable to contribute even if you obsession is currently a resting garage queen.

uscharalph
09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been around here in a while. The site looks quite different and many new faces.

I certainly miss my obsession: 1990 525i w/intake, exhaust, headers, sachs kit & 17" OZ F1 racing.

It's been parked for a year. I've been driving a pos jeep since my new job required a lot of commuting and I just knew I would be in an accident (just the odds). Sure enough the jeep was rear-ended. One bimmer saved. I can't wait to save up enough dough to get the bimmer back on the road. Then I can bug you fine folks for tech advice.

Mark
Welcome back!! Sounds like you need a bit of work on your 525i. Hope it doesn't take too much.

mancini_mark
09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Hi folks,

Ok, well, I suppose the most honest answer is that my 5er needs money (don't they all). But to get it back on the road, it needs a new battery and/or alternator, fan clutch and heater core.

Also, since I want it around for a while longer, I need to address some rust issues on the bottom of the doors (under the trim pieces). So, I won't expose it to any more road salt.

But I will try to pop in a bit more frequently. Maybe I can snap some pictures in the meantime.

Mark.

uscharalph
09-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi folks,

Ok, well, I suppose the most honest answer is that my 5er needs money (don't they all). But to get it back on the road, it needs a new battery and/or alternator, fan clutch and heater core.

Also, since I want it around for a while longer, I need to address some rust issues on the bottom of the doors (under the trim pieces). So, I won't expose it to any more road salt.

But I will try to pop in a bit more frequently. Maybe I can snap some pictures in the meantime.

Mark.
One easy temporary fix to get you on the road is to bypass the Heater Core.