PDA

View Full Version : Old Gummi pfledge silicone based?

Russell
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Was Old BMW Gummi pfledge silicone based? If so there may be other alternatives that may work as well to protect rubber seals. For example I have heard that GM makes something that Corvette owners like. I have heard diaelectric grease in moderate amounts work.

Even so, I though that most silicone base products were bad for rubber? Just a thought.

Kalevera
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Russell, you can still buy Gummi Pflege, both from BMW (in a spray can) and from Pelican Parts.

Shogun posted info to the same effect a few months back.

best, whit

Bill R.
09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
same ,smells the same, i haven't tasted it but its real close to gummipfledge..
It may be silicone i don't know , but it really works to preserve the rubber weatherstripping on the doors and roof on the corvettes... I still like the gummi applicator better though.

Was Old BMW Gummi pfledge silicone based? If so there may be other alternatives that may work as well to protect rubber seals. For example I have heard that GM makes something that Corvette owners like. I have heard diaelectric grease in moderate amounts work.

Even so, I though that most silicone base products were bad for rubber? Just a thought.

shogun
09-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Just came back from the BMW dealer show room tour.
Gummipflege is still in their showcase as spray, 300 ml costs here about US $ 16

Russell
09-08-2005, 05:49 AM
I may try the spray. I got the IZ stuff. It seems OK, just seems a bit thin. I also have some of the old Gummi Pfledge whcih I use sparingly.

Russell
09-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Whats the GM stuff called? I may get some of it.

Bill R.
09-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Whats the GM stuff called? I get some of it.

Russell
09-08-2005, 06:47 AM
Thanks Bill

Russell
09-09-2005, 03:56 PM
GM Dielectric Silicone Grease contains Polydimethylsiloxane which is water based. A 1 oz tube is available from any GM dealer's parts dept for a little over $10. It does not look of feel like Gummi pledge. However, it may work as well as well. Recomended by GM for door seals.