PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Posts

uscharalph
09-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Well it took me six months to the day (I joined this forum March 6th 2005) to make it to the 1,000 post mark. I lost about 160 posts when we had the crash.

I just want to say how much you guys (And especially my brother Greg) have helped me out with my 525i. I hope I helped a few people along the way. Here's to another 1,000.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you. I always appreciate how positive and encouraging you are with people.

When I leaped on this board posting pics of Charlie on the roadtrip, you "keep em coming" meant a lot to me.

Josh--you and I have to catch up.

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Congrats - I should have a 1000 post ribbon or something like that. PM me your address and I'll send you a Bumper Sticker. Maybe I'll make something special, the 1000 post club, like the 700 club! Doh

liquidtiger720
09-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow, I've been here for longer...I need to post more!

632 Regal
09-06-2005, 06:46 PM
6 months...lets see me and Win were battling neck to neck cause I had dialup...then he went away for a week and I was like 1000 ahead...lol. No clue of the number cause the original posts of the warfare update with the current number but was in the Ks

Kalevera
09-06-2005, 06:50 PM
6 months...lets see me and Win were battling neck to neck cause I had dialup...then he went away for a week and I was like 1000 ahead...lol. No clue of the number cause the original posts of the warfare update with the current number but was in the Ks
What, did you start threads and talk to yourself? :)

and...."I had dial-up" is a terrible excuse for not posting more frequently, Jeff :D

Gayle
09-06-2005, 07:06 PM
What, did you start threads and talk to yourself? :)

and...."I had dial-up" is a terrible excuse for not posting more frequently, Jeff :D

Duh, yeah. I notice Jeff posting to his own posts all the time.

Mendozart
09-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Well it took me six months to the day (I joined this forum March 6th 2005) to make it to the 1,000 post mark. I lost about 160 posts when we had the crash.

I just want to say how much you guys (And especially my brother Greg) have helped me out with my 525i. I hope I helped a few people along the way. Here's to another 1,000.
If you're the grand master, what does that make me? :p Greg M. 1992 525i & 1984 528e.

stx133
09-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I have been on for a similar time and just reached 100 posts, thought i was doing ok. some of you people must have too much time on your hands. dont get me wrong the info and support is great, but i dont have the time to be on more than a couple of times a week usually.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 10:03 PM
If you're the grand master, what does that make me? :p Greg M. 1992 525i & 1984 528e.

It makes you about 1/10 of the way to Big Time Poster and 1/100 of the way to Grand Master.

Here are a few praises that you should study to get to you goal fast. These special phrases were learned at the feet of the Grand Masters:

"Cool" and "LOL" Just use those at every chance and you be breathing down Ralph's neck in no time. I have said it before and will it say again, my all time favorite posts are "bump"

Study the abbreviations thread in archives under nuggets.

Mendozart
09-06-2005, 10:26 PM
It makes you about 1/10 of the way to Big Time Poster and 1/100 of the way to Grand Master.

Here are a few praises that you should study to get to you goal fast. These special phrases were learned at the feet of the Grand Masters:

"Cool" and "LOL" Just use those at every chance and you be breathing down Ralph's neck in no time. I have said it before and will it say again, my all time favorite posts are "bump"

Study the abbreviations thread in archives under nuggets.
This was an inside joke to Ralph! I'm his brother Greg, which He refers to at times. I've actually been reading, and occasionally posting since 11/01. Greg M.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 10:54 PM
This was an inside joke to Ralph! I'm his brother Greg, which He refers to at times. I've actually been reading, and occasionally posting since 11/01. Greg M.

Well Greg, It looks like you have increased you post by 27% today. You are up to 14 from 11.

And actually my post about "cool" was a friendly inside jab at Ralph.

So when are you guys going to teach me spark plugs 101? Has that ship
sailed already?

:)

Mendozart
09-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Well Greg, It looks like you have increased you post by 27% today. You are up to 14 from 11.

So when are you guys going to teach me spark plugs 101? Has that shipped sailed already?

Actually, today is the first day of school for most students.

liquidtiger720
09-06-2005, 11:06 PM

You've got to be kidding me. I started class on August 17th, and my summer session ended August 12th. GRRRR.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 11:09 PM

This was a to be arranged independent study. Has Ralph done his plugs yet? Your schedule was supposed to be the major variable in when that happened.

uscharalph
09-06-2005, 11:10 PM

So when are you guys going to teach me spark plugs 101? Has that ship
sailed already?

Hey Gayle, meet my brother Greg. He's more busy working on cars than posting about them. Together we make a good team.

Unfortunately we did the spark plug, wires, distributor and rotor 2 weekends ago. We ended up mixing moving my sister and her family into their new home and working on my car all into one day. It was a busy and chaotic day, but a lot got done. We just didn't know when anything was happening.

Mendozart
09-06-2005, 11:17 PM
This was a to be arranged independent study. Has Ralph done his plugs yet? Your schedule was supposed to be the major variable in when that happened.
We installed plugs,dist cap, and rotor about two weeks ago. A couple days after that we did his oil change (synthetic) and a couple drive belts. All went well and He was a happy camper. I can just imagine what He has in store for Me for His next project?

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-06-2005, 11:31 PM
And am far from 1000.

Had to ask my boys the formula for the K club.

Here is a 13 & 11 year olds recipe.

Post a reply to anything. Even if you have nothing to add!

Pick fights (they can go on forever)

Be the english professor & correct everybody

Rush to be the first to reply! (gives you a chance to respond again)

Use phases to fill meaningless posts...like:

Cool great Info.

U da Man!

LOL that's so funny

WTF I never knew that

How many do you have?

I wonder if this works on mine?

Anyone else out there have one like this?

I wonder how that would look on my car?

Did you get that on Ebay?

or

You can get those on Ebay

Write resignation letters

or

manifestos

Insert jokes

Wow, one keeps me busy!

Repeat posts with the opening "Do you mean?"

Repeat posts with sexual innuendos inserted

Once again. Very nice writeup!

Are you sure you have one?

Nice Pics

You're the best

Mine does not do that

Have you tried?

You're my hero

Gayle
09-07-2005, 05:20 AM
And am far from 1000.

Had to ask my boys the formula for the K club.

Here is a 13 & 11 year olds recipe.

Post a reply to anything. Even if you have nothing to add!

Pick fights (they can go on forever)

Be the english professor & correct everybody

Rush to be the first to reply! (gives you a chance to respond again)

Use phases to fill meaningless posts...like:

Cool great Info.

U da Man!

LOL that's so funny

WTF I never knew that

How many do you have?

I wonder if this works on mine?

Anyone else out there have one like this?

I wonder how that would look on my car?

Did you get that on Ebay?

or

You can get those on Ebay

Write resignation letters

or

manifestos

Insert jokes

Wow, one keeps me busy!

Repeat posts with the opening "Do you mean?"

Repeat posts with sexual innuendos inserted

Once again. Very nice writeup!

Are you sure you have one?

Nice Pics

You're the best

Mine does not do that

Have you tried?

You're my hero

Good one Bob :p Cha Ching

Interceptor
09-07-2005, 05:25 AM
LOL! :) -> You mean like this? :)

You and Jeff remind me of those 2 old geezers that sat on the balcony in the Muppet Show and just f**ked around with everyone :) Great comedy! :)

Blitzkrieg Bob
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
But more like a geezer Bevis & Butthead

632 Regal
09-07-2005, 10:56 AM
*insert the Bevis laugh here*

Jason
09-07-2005, 01:11 PM
im pretty slow moving. i can;t even get back to major contributor status.

SharkmanBMW
09-10-2005, 05:07 PM
*insert the Bevis laugh here*

uh huh huh huh, um uh huh, um, uh huh huh huhuh!
that was cool!

liquidtiger720
10-16-2005, 03:56 AM
im catching up there fellow...with more useless, bandwidth wasting posts every day. i am now a one grand masta!

Gayle
10-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Josh

Your posts are part of what makes this board the special place it is. :)

You da masta!

uscharalph
10-16-2005, 09:57 AM
im catching up there fellow...with more useless, bandwidth wasting posts every day. i am now a one grand masta!
Yeah, but nobody's catching up to Jeff!!! LOL!!!

nuwde
10-16-2005, 12:28 PM
you guys rock

uscharalph
10-31-2005, 12:41 AM

Well the second 1,000 posts took a lot less time.

I've got to get a life. LOL!!