PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bahnstormer I'm doing the happy dance

Gayle
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
We sold the Lip

After a mere 5 days of struting his stuff at the corner (we were a little later than planned getting him out cause we discovered we had let the registration lapse), he attracted two different fellows who wanted to make him their own. I am happy to say, he went to the one that I thought would love him more.

To those of your who have not been formally introduced to him, he is the one on the left. A fine specimen of a 1990 525 with only 200,000 miles on him.

I have already started to doing shopping for Charlie who will be the recipient of the Lip's adoption fee. Charlie has been patiently waiting her turn and now she will be getting the love.

uscharalph
09-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Is the second picture saying you got $4,500.00 for The Lip?

"I am happy to say, he went to the one that I thought would love him more."

I'm always happy when a sale turns out like that. In my case, my uncle was looking for such a buyer and he found me. I'm glad you found a good buyer Gayle.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Yep

Dave M
09-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Congratulations,

Nice to see there exists a healthy market (at least when you are) :)

I'm sure we'll be informed as to what the proceeds manifest into.

Later,

Dave M

Lennyz525i
09-06-2005, 06:08 PM
wait a sec, what?... $4,500 for a 1990 525i with 200K?? wow... that's awesome!

liquidtiger720
09-06-2005, 06:12 PM
I wonder how much I could get for my 95! :)

Gayle
09-06-2005, 06:28 PM
The Lip has always exuded automotive sex appeal. In some weird way I liked the way he looked better than Charlie, his fraternal twin. After I detailed him and had his engine steam cleaned, he was one hot looking fellow. An he was running pretty well too by the time we put him on the block.

We live in a beach town where there is a lot of local traffic on the way to the beach. We put him out on the corner of the school ground on weekends and left the doors unlocked. In spite of the dissing I got about the interior from UKM5 the interior looks fabulous. People would sit in him and get that "I have to have this car experience."

Put a number of copies of a "sales brochure" in him and we had 3 people very seriously interested in him--one last weekend and two this weekend. The brochure dealt with what it means to own an e34 and how to put his mileage into prospective. It dealt with everything a person would ask on the phone so mostly the people had already talked themselves into buying when they called. I was going to attach it but it is on my computer at work. Will share it tomorrow.

The final ultimate weapon is my charming husband who is a professional salesman. Oh, yes, doing the happy dance. :p

liquidtiger720
09-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Gayle. Im not quite sure what the happy dance is?

Does it look like this?

http://www.speakeasy.org/~vrsixer/domokun.gif

Kalevera
09-06-2005, 06:36 PM
The Lip has always exuded automotive sex appeal. In some weird way I liked the way he looked better than Charlie, his fraternal twin. After I detailed him and had his engine steam cleaned, he was one hot looking fellow. An he was running pretty well too by the time we put him on the block.

We live in a beach town where there is a lot of local traffic on the way to the beach. We put him out on the corner of the school ground on weekends and left the doors unlocked. In spite of the dissing I got about the interior from UKM5 the interior looks fabulous. People would sit in him and get that "I have to have this car experience."

Put a number of copies of a "sales brochure" in him and we had 3 people very seriously interested in him--one last weekend and two this weekend. The brochure dealt with what it means to own an e34 and how to put his mileage into prospective. It dealt with everything a person would ask on the phone so mostly the people had already talked themselves into buying when they called. I was going to attach it but it is on my computer at work. Will share it tomorrow.

The final ultimate weapon is my charming husband who is a professional salesman. Oh, yes, doing the happy dance. :p
Son of a gun, your husband is one hell of a salesman!

best, whit

Gayle
09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Good one Josh.

That is close but not quite it. A little too aerobic. You got to picture the shoulders bouncing side to side and singing a little tune.

I lost my file of stuff like that when I got a new computer at work. I'll see what I can come up with.

uscharalph
09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I allways though of the happy dance as this:

Gayle
09-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Son of a gun, your husband is one hell of a salesman!

best, whit

Yeah, but I take more credit for this. Whit, you and I have private messaged on Saturday nights when I was out in the garage detailing the engine bay. And my brochure rocks. I wish I had it here at home to post now.

And credit goes to everyone who helped me with the stp/nitrous oxide debacle and helped me resolve the Lips other issues. I didn't want his new owner to be asking himself if he had bought a lemon so I really did try to get everything right that an armchair mechanic could possibly do without going nuts. There were days I would find stuff in that engine I knew didn't belong there and would take pictures of it and scream HELP. Winfred identified a few strange things for me. And there was the insulation on the air conditioning line that taught me how to spell necrotic. An it was on this board that I learned about the secret weapon, the Portor Cable.

In retrospect, this is really a group victory. But no, I am not sharing the money.

Damn, we just got another call from a 4th person who wanted to buy it.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I allways though of the happy dance as this:

You got it and you have to imagine me singing "Dooo-in the happeee dance"

Alexlind123
09-06-2005, 07:06 PM
The insulation caught me for a split second too, right after i replaced a kind of crusty looking vacume line.

Gayle
09-06-2005, 07:07 PM
The insulation caught me for a split second too, right after i replaced a kind of crusty looking vacume line.

Except I was too clueless to know it was insulation. I thought it was a hose. LOL

SharkmanBMW
09-06-2005, 07:33 PM
congrats Gayle,
with all that cash... how about a Dinan supercharger for charlie?!!!!

Gayle
09-06-2005, 07:53 PM
congrats Gayle,
with all that cash... how about a Dinan supercharger for charlie?!!!!

I want a stainless steel exhaust. I am all about the sound. ;) Saturday I was researching Eisenmann and another brand that I can't remember. They have sound clips that you can listen to. But how do you compare sound clips of different brands. Any one got any ideas how I can hear them for real?

First Charlie is going to get her service 2, valve adjustment, get her locks fixed, and some new brakepads. Peter acted as the automotive angel who whispered in my ear "lose the metal masters" and confirmed my concerns about them. So I have to research that first.

Sailing Sunday I met another middle aged chick who is all about the horsepower. She is going to the Bob Bondurant School of Driving next spring. Took me all of 30 seconds to say I'm in.

http://www.bondurant.com/

Even though Charlie is budgeted for a $2,000 per year allowance it is clearly not going to be enough. I am thinking of getting a second job teaching a class at the university level to support Charlie in the style she deserves.

Jon K
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM

UKMwho?

uscharalph
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
UKMwho?
?????

Gayle
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
UKMwho?

I almost bit for a sec and then I remembered you were one of the violent men who ran him out so the rest of us could sleep peacefully.

Jon K
09-08-2005, 08:15 AM
I almost bit for a sec and then I remembered you were one of the violent men who ran him out so the rest of us could sleep peacefully.

Someone has to do the dirty work ;)

Jason
09-08-2005, 08:57 AM

Even though Charlie is budgeted for a $2,000 per year allowance it is clearly not going to be enough. I am thinking of getting a second job teaching a class at the university level to support Charlie in the style she deserves.[/QUOTE]