PDA

View Full Version : What a fool I've been...

TheDuke
09-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, anyways guys you were absolutely right about the cinder blocks. I was putting my new finished wheels on. Guess what, the wood on one of the block cracked and the car slipped. **** what a mess, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The only damage I had was from stock car lift. Small dent on lower door panel (hopefully dent wizard will fix it) and some chipped paint on the bottom of side the skirt. And the car stands haven't moved a bit...now I only need to buy two more. I guess I had to learn by myself...

632 Regal
09-05-2005, 09:34 PM
well Im glad you lived to learn a lesson from that!

Lucky man, could have been a tragedy.

TheDuke
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Lucky I haven't been under the car, or on the side that was sliding. I was stupid enough to put the car on pavement that is tilted a few degrees. Well another close one. That would a freaky car accident, try explaining that to the insurance. Duke pancakes :)

Kalevera
09-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Did the jack hit the lower part of the rear door? That's a common place for body damage for that exact reason (jack slips on a soft shoulder, usually, and tilts right into the car door). BMW designed a stupid jack...what can I say.

Glad to hear it came out relatively unscathed, though ;)

best, whit

uscharalph
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
So is the car still up in the air or are your wheels done?

TheDuke
09-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Wheels are done, and mounted. I'll post some pictures tommorow. (Both wheels and the damage). The jack it's nice that it dosen't take much space but the design sucks for soft ground.

Paul in NZ
09-07-2005, 04:08 AM
the design sucks period....the scissor types are better in every way

TheDuke
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
I also have a 2 ton floor jack. Glad I got it, saves a lot of time. Also way better than factory jack. I don't know what would I do without it.

genphreak
09-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Have u ever jacked it at the front and then tried to open a front door? crunch! You feel real stupid when u do that... :D

I got 2 dents in my car due to that... nice jack but its only for tyre changes, not home repairs :(