PDA

View Full Version : Battery Dead (1992 525 Wagon)

imnprsd
09-05-2005, 06:53 AM
For no apparenet reason, my battery was dead this morning. The driver's door will unlock manually, but all the othe door actuators force the door to lock...even when you pull up on the door lock plunger. Is my battery dead-dead or is there some other reason for this? There is absolutely no power to the ignition. Nada!

Tiger
09-05-2005, 07:12 AM
How old is your battery? Cold weather will kill weak battery.

uscharalph
09-05-2005, 11:03 AM
These cars are really hard on batteries (According to my mechanic). I had a problem a week and a half ago. Like Tiger asks, how old is your battery?

imnprsd
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Fortunately, I was able to open the driver door and jump the car battery. The charging system did the rest and 5 minutes later I was able to stop and then restart the engine.

I think the map lights could be causing the current drain. They never have worked - since I bought the car 3 months ago - and just before my battery went dead I played around with the 1-2-3 switch. This begs the question - if the map lights are bad, could they cause the current drain if I left the map light switch in postion #1?

632 Regal
09-06-2005, 01:49 AM
if the lights dont light then you must have a short or corrosion, check the bulb sockets and stuff.