PDA

View Full Version : stacker wiring

stx133
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
for the OEM 6 disk stacker there is a luvly plug which attaches to the head unit, the Manual shows 10 wired connecting, not showing color or giving designation. have installed a new Blaupunkt head unit (1.5 hours and very nice) which has the ability to run a stacker. would like to find out if the stacker is compatable.

Further/ the original amp... do i remove or leave in.....the head unit is 40x4 output and the speakers i am about to install have individual crossovers which i can use if i remove the amp or not if i leave the amp in.

stx133
09-05-2005, 05:16 PM
anyone????

Dan in NZ
09-05-2005, 08:18 PM
I would doubt that your oem stacker can be controlled by the new headunit. If the plug is the same, you could always just give it a go, but I imagine the 10-pin rectangular plug is different...

Strap
09-06-2005, 02:09 AM
if the factory was an alpine stock unit then you are not gonna be happy.
But if it was a bluapunkt head unit and factory changer then you can use a bluapunkt stacker or changer as i call it with a " handshake" cable about 50 usd at any good autosound store. factory changers and after market were changed slightly in the harness for dealer only prices.
Hope that helps

stx133
09-06-2005, 10:13 PM
looks like the stacker is an alpine unit and there is no easy way forwards. The new head unit is MP3 compatable so i will pull the stacker out. A

Anyone want to but a 94 head unit and stacker. plugs included. sart the bidding.

liquidtiger720
09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
looks like the stacker is an alpine unit and there is no easy way forwards. The new head unit is MP3 compatable so i will pull the stacker out. A

Anyone want to but a 94 head unit and stacker. plugs included. sart the bidding.

I'd buy it, but you are toooooo far. Good luck!