PDA

View Full Version : wrong but need help

grave77
09-03-2005, 06:54 AM
My Dad likes to do engine wash .. I've always told him that it's wrong but he keeps on doing it. he says that the weather is hot and it drys fast. anyway ... the problem is here that the engine keeps running rough I mean very rough for few days ... even when I suppose everything is dried up ... my question is what and where will the problem be ... injectors area? or else where? I dont think it would be high voltage area since it gets back to normal after one week driving.

Been-Jammin
09-03-2005, 07:15 AM
My Dad likes to do engine wash .. I've always told him that it's wrong but he keeps on doing it. he says that the weather is hot and it drys fast. anyway ... the problem is here that the engine keeps running rough I mean very rough for few days ... even when I suppose everything is dried up ... my question is what and where will the problem be ... injectors area? or else where? I dont think it would be high voltage area since it gets back to normal after one week driving.

Check out this thread, there's some good information on engine cleaning:
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13526

grave77
09-03-2005, 07:43 AM
I have read it ... but our problem is different ... the car chokes ... and for 5 - 7 days ...
I dont know if its one of the connectors like O2 connector or throttle position sensor .. or maybe the AFM ... any ideas?

genphreak
09-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Electrical connectors and components that can't take water pressure without taking on water inside.... they corrode and stuff stops working. My tranny connectors wrecked the way my E28 ran after a wash. Had to replace them- it was a royal PIA to troubleshoot and worse to fix. But it was fine after that... never again, never. I do careful cleans now, not lazy ones... :) GP